Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Denne tråd er blevet låst
Vaos 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:06
/me doesnt work anymore!
For those of you that roleplay, this is kind of a issue, why that wanted to remove this in the update is beyond me.....but after reading this..

"this is a much smoother, cleaner option that looks nicer in chats and allows you to clearly locate them instead of looking for asterisks. steam has a massive roleplaying community and this is nearly essential for them but they are being punished because somone on the forums happened to complain about a few scammers using it."

I question how this is a "smart" decision, honestly it makes roleplaying alot easier...sure you could use a diffrent method....but why downgrade because a small minority complained, if we listened to all complaints, alot of things would be worse today if they happend in the past, so why...just why?
< >
Viser 1-15 af 144 kommentarer
Spawn of Totoro 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:14 
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/864956554551356679/

"As some of you may be aware if you use the command /me in Steam chat and type anything afterwards it changes color of the font in the chat window.

Please understand there is NO WAY to transfer Steam Wallet funds through Steam Trading. If a user says they are going to send you money for your items and the text turns blue/green they are trying to scam you.

Please do not accept any of these trades as we will not restore your items to your account.

If you wish to earn wallet credit on Steam you can do so using the Community Market here: http://steamcommunity.com/market/

The latest Steam client beta contains an update which removes this feature. If you wish to participate you can do so by doing the following:

1) In Steam, click on "Steam" in the upper left, then choose the "Settings" menu.

2) On the "Account" tab under "Beta Participation" click the "Change..." button.

3) Select the desired beta test from the "Beta Participation" drop down list and click "OK".

4) You will be prompted to restart Steam, please select the "Restart Steam" button.

For more information on the Beta update please visit the following link:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/1749915144362275196" -DerrickG

For Steam to want to do something about it, it wouldn't be a few. It would have to be in the thousands.

RPrs are the minority in this situation, btw.
Sidst redigeret af Spawn of Totoro; 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:14
BaltotheRolf 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:14 
I am so enraged about this it's not even funny. I can't believe they didn't add a simple option to toggle it on and off... And as for the reason, stupid kids go and get themselves scammed because they are to stupid to realize that the /me command isn't a valve staff only command.

Oh also Spawn, I was forced to download this update today, so I have no way of getting it back. It's ridiculous.
Sidst redigeret af BaltotheRolf; 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:16
Vaos 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:17 
I underestand the above point but still, it would be easier to do what Baito said and just make a toggle option, i know it seems *minority* but its easier to type and saves time, and just ripping it out of the equation isnt fair....i may be one who uses it...but you dont see me getting scammed every five minutes cause im not.....stupid and incapable of figureing that out
Sidst redigeret af Vaos; 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:18
Spawn of Totoro 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:20 
Oprindeligt skrevet af G115 Rusty Shoes:
I underestand the above point but still, it would be easier to do what Baito said and just make a toggle option, i know it seems *minority* but its easier to type and saves time, and just ripping it out of the equation isnt fair....i may be one who uses it...but you dont see me getting scammed every five minutes cause im not.....stupid and incapable of figureing that out

How is it easyer to type and saves time? From the exaples I've been given, it always turns out to be longet to use the /me then some other way.

And it wasn't just ripped out. It was removed from the beta several weeks ago.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/7/864957912684199911/

Before Jan, 24th. That link was started some point latter then the command was removed.
Sidst redigeret af Spawn of Totoro; 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:22
Vaos 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:25 
Perhaps.....but its seems much easier to do /me *insert sentance*..............then doing asterisks....again its not much...but im used to it.......and im sure plenty of other people are also.....ignoreing a scammer is common sense......if not then your either to young...or you have no common sense.....i really dont see why this is logical.....despite above "evidence"

Sidst redigeret af Vaos; 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:25
Spawn of Totoro 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:28 
Removing the command was a last resort. They ran through every other option and it was the most logical outcome. It stops the scam right away without haveing to rely on those "stupid" people to spend the time to read something.
BaltotheRolf 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:30 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Spawn of Totoro:
Removing the command was a last resort. They ran through every other option and it was the most logical outcome. It stops the scam right away without haveing to rely on those "stupid" people to spend the time to read something.

No, not 'every option' was considered. They could have easily put an option to toggle it on/off, with a clear warning when you try to turn it on telling you the risks.
Vaos 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:31 
I understand, just wish it wouldnt have to be that way...we really should be better then that...and im mean all..there is no best...just great
Vaos 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:36 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Balto:
Oprindeligt skrevet af Spawn of Totoro:

No, not 'every option' was considered. They could have easily put an option to toggle it on/off, with a clear warning when you try to turn it on telling you the risks.

Im not looking to have it back either, a compromise would be better.....i figured this was the easiest way to do that....The toggle method sounds much easier...as for children...a parental option would be a wonderful idea, assuming the parents are actually caring about there kids...which isnt the case very often...the way the world has changed over a vast majority
Sidst redigeret af Vaos; 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:37
BaltotheRolf 14. feb. 2013 kl. 17:03 
The problem is Rusty, Valve doesn't care about it's community. They only care about profits... We will never see the return of the /me command in any shape or form I'm sure.
dirrtymartini 14. feb. 2013 kl. 17:04 
/me is gone. For good. It's been buried and the rest of the Steam Community has moved on. I suggest you do the same before this thread is closed and/or deleted.
dirrtymartini 14. feb. 2013 kl. 17:05 
The problem is Rusty, Valve doesn't care about it's community. They only care about profits... We will never see the return of the /me command in any shape or form I'm sure.

You should warn somebody before spewing BS into this forum. I didn't have my boots on.

"Valve doesn't care about the community"???? Are you kidding me?
BaltotheRolf 14. feb. 2013 kl. 17:07 
Oprindeligt skrevet af dirrtygsharp:

You should warn somebody before spewing BS into this forum. I didn't have my boots on.

Valve fanboy detected. This encounter is going to be as bad as trying to argue with a MAC fanboy....
dirrtymartini 14. feb. 2013 kl. 17:08 
Oprindeligt skrevet af dirrtygsharp:

Valve fanboy detected. This encounter is going to be as bad as trying to argue with a MAC fanboy....

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Vaos 14. feb. 2013 kl. 17:09 
Wonderful.....i expected heated tensions during this "discussion" i try to think that everyone has a point to make and a opinion there intitled too...but what truely brings merit.....is about has thick as a fog to clear out
Sidst redigeret af Vaos; 14. feb. 2013 kl. 17:10
< >
Viser 1-15 af 144 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Dato opslået: 14. feb. 2013 kl. 16:06