G0bliinKing Apr 6, 2013 @ 5:51am
Steam has gone Sloooooooooow?!?!?!
Hi,

Over the past few days steam has gone completely slow and I would say 70% of the time its hit and miss if I can do something.
Just now im going through greenlight which a week ago would be good enough to flick through quickly but now im have to keep freshing and quiting out after every couple of games I look at?

And on the main store page sometimes it wont display correctly, if at all!!

I thought this my be temp issue but its been like this for days now.. any ideas what the problem is and is it going to get sorted??

Cheers
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
[GLHK] - Kirito Apr 6, 2013 @ 5:59am 
A: there could be a virus on your computer B: steam could be outdated so check for updates C: you might need to reinstall steam, if you tried all of these than i got nothing
eram Apr 6, 2013 @ 6:37am 
Sounds like you are with Virgin Media. It's been broken for 2 weeks now.
G0bliinKing Apr 6, 2013 @ 7:08am 
Jesus, just took me about 20 minutes just to get back here.
ahhh, yes im with Virgin Media.. I did suspect they could be the issue. Do they have any plans to sort this out do you know?
eram Apr 6, 2013 @ 7:11am 
Main thread is here.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3101942

and the VM thread is here
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-60Mb-Setup-Equipment/Can-t-Connect-to-Steam-Community/td-p/1774074

short answer yes but no idea when seeing as we have to rely on VM and VALVe to fix this. Spamming back and forward buttons to load a page here works but its annoying as heck.
G0bliinKing Apr 6, 2013 @ 7:18am 
ok great.. ill just have to wait and see what happens then. yea im currently hitting the forward backward buttons too which does kinda work but is starting to get a bit boring now :P

Cheers for your help mate :)
DerpyPantsMC Apr 6, 2013 @ 7:30am 
A:you have a load of games installed. B:a program is acting up. C:your directory's corrupted (the Steam data folder). If none of these are true, it's virgin media..........BAD COVERAGE MAN...........thats all i got for now.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2013 @ 5:51am