Rushing Rasputin #CYKALICIOUS Mar 30, 2013 @ 3:27am
I just lost $132.
I just logged in then logged out for a few minutes around 5:55

When I got back I lost 132$ and I saw alot of community purchases for TF2. I dont even have TF2 right now.

Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
BEATR♥CE Mar 30, 2013 @ 3:52am 
h4ck3d/////
Mail steam and change ur pw/email.
Rushing Rasputin #CYKALICIOUS Mar 30, 2013 @ 3:59am 
Yeah I did.

Has anyone gotten back their funds from steam?
Last edited by Rushing Rasputin #CYKALICIOUS; Mar 30, 2013 @ 3:59am
Spawn of Totoro Mar 30, 2013 @ 6:52am 
Originally posted by EluSiV Wild Turkey:
Yeah I did.

Has anyone gotten back their funds from steam?

I have not heared of it, but I have not heared of someone losing their wallet fund yet either.

Keep us posted so we know if someone else ever has this happen.
Pheace [MCT] Mar 30, 2013 @ 6:57am 
You yourself logged out for a few minutes and in that time someone happened to log in, use all your wallet and leave? That's suspicious timing don't you think?

At the very least whoever did it is probably well aware of what you're doing.

Valeriaan Mar 30, 2013 @ 7:09am 
The official policy of Steam is to not offer any refunds: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-wejc-2625#refund

Per Steam's subscriber agreement "you are solely responsible for all activity on your account and for the security of your computer system": http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

This means that if your account has been compromised (i.e. someone else broke into your account), you are still held responsible for anything and everything that happens on this account (because you are held responsible for both the account and your computer security). This includes cheating (VAC-bans), purchases made to your account, behaviour on hubs and discussion boards, etc.

In other words, Steam is not obliged to give you a refund, even if someone else broke into your account and made a bunch of purchases you didn't want.

First of all, you should take a look at your account and computer security. This should come in handy with regards to your account security: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478.

Next, you should contact Steam support, and see what they have to say about this. I'm afraid there isn't anything that the people here (on the discussion boards) can do about this.

https://support.steampowered.com/
Last edited by Valeriaan; Mar 30, 2013 @ 7:10am
L-r | Canti Mar 30, 2013 @ 7:12am 
Why on Earth would you keep that much cash in your Steam wallet anyway? o_o
Rushing Rasputin #CYKALICIOUS Mar 30, 2013 @ 4:49pm 
I was planning to buy W:ALB and CoH2. It seems like it could be someone close to me like my real life friends.
Kablam0 Mar 30, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
Obviously you did not have Steam Guard enabled op?
Rushing Rasputin #CYKALICIOUS Mar 30, 2013 @ 4:55pm 
Steam wont even reply to my ticket
Rushing Rasputin #CYKALICIOUS Mar 30, 2013 @ 4:55pm 
I had steam guard enabled, someone was using my E-mail I assume.
Kablam0 Mar 30, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
I had steam guard enabled, someone was using my E-mail I assume.

Were you phished?
Rushing Rasputin #CYKALICIOUS Mar 30, 2013 @ 5:05pm 
No, it could be some real life friend though. But I never give my passwords. Alot of my real life friends play TF2. I try to search their inventories. But I think I put down Steam Guard for a time since I was going to login into my laptop.
Kablam0 Mar 30, 2013 @ 5:07pm 
No, it could be some real life friend though. But I never give my passwords. Alot of my real life friends play TF2. I try to search their inventories. But I think I put down Steam Guard for a time since I was going to login into my laptop.

And you call them friends - because? (If that is indeed the case).
Utrax Mar 30, 2013 @ 5:08pm 
Same thing happened to a friend of mine. He did not get a refund.

He lost well over €150. He could only play free-to-play games for a month. (All his games was removed from his account, only for that month of course) nor could he trade.

Oh, and is no longer allowed to use his credit card on Steam.
Rushing Rasputin #CYKALICIOUS Mar 30, 2013 @ 5:09pm 
That sounds like a ban. Well its clear steam dosent care about this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2013 @ 3:27am