CrownTiger Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:05pm
Stupid old messages in chat.
If I send a message to someone and close the chat, then open the chat again, the old message comes up. That's bad, I don't want all of yesturdays convesations filling up the chat, I hope they go away if you turn off your PC.
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
FrazerJC Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:12pm 
Only the most recent few lines show up when opening a chat window.
CrownTiger Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:15pm 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
Only the most recent few lines show up when opening a chat window.
Oh, yeah, only the last two. Thanks XD.
White Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:24pm 
It's more than two for me. I think it depends on how quickly they've been entered in relation to eachother. I just wish there was an option to turn this off.
CrownTiger Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:25pm 
Originally posted by White:
It's more than two for me. I think it depends on how quickly they've been entered in relation to eachother. I just wish there was an option to turn this off.
Yeah, me too.
RGRmexico Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:40pm 
I understand the reasoning since they added offline messages, but a chat log you can't turn off is silly. I don't want to see the logs, my conversations aren't worth rereading. I'm not that clever. Don't get why they wouldn't just give you the option to see previous chats.
White Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:44pm 
Originally posted by RGRmexico:
I understand the reasoning since they added offline messages, but a chat log you can't turn off is silly. I don't want to see the logs, my conversations aren't worth rereading. I'm not that clever. Don't get why they wouldn't just give you the option to see previous chats.
I can't do offline messages? But options are always good! :)
Akofine Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:44pm 
Huh? This is an awesome feature.
Don't want to read the old chat messages? DON'T READ THEM.
Easy.

Jeez.
Akofine Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:48pm 
Next thing we need is a chat logs folder to store Steam chats for those of us who want them.
This discussion exist because you simply can't please everybody. Add a UI to disable chat logs then you have people complaining about the existence of the UI feature.
RGRmexico Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:10pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
This discussion exist because you simply can't please everybody. Add a UI to disable chat logs then you have people complaining about the existence of the UI feature.
I can almost guarantee that you would get almost no complaints if you added an option to turn on and off chat logs. Who would complain about a setting you would only see if you were looking for it?

Just saying, I don't need to have a log of my conversations. I understand some people want the feature, which is why I just think it would be an easy fix to just add the option.
CorrodedSoul Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:10pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
As truth as this might be, haveing such a feature and not a way to disable it is either a MAJOR slip from the devs, or plain laziness. Logs are fine by me, but you should be able to turn them off, at least in the chat window proper.
White Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:13pm 
Originally posted by Ako:
Huh? This is an awesome feature.
Don't want to read the old chat messages? DON'T READ THEM.
Easy.

Jeez.
No one in this thread has really been that whiny about it, other than the antagonistic thread title. I think it's clunky rather than awesome. Nothing wrong with options to have it or disable it.
Ashlie 💋 [ 乙oᄊ乃ノ乇 ] Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:14pm 
Same here, how do you remove the old steam chats?
Matt Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
It only saves and shows your most recent discussion. After showing it once that same chat won't display again. So to answer your question, the old chats remove themselves after viewing one time.
Ashlie 💋 [ 乙oᄊ乃ノ乇 ] Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:29pm 
i viewed it a few times & its still there.
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:05pm