Lord Snow Mar 29, 2013 @ 3:24pm
Civilization V Gold Edition Upgrade
Title says it all, what is Civilization V Gold Edition Upgrade
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/?snr=1_7_15__13
If you scroll down it says the price for $20, but it doesn't say what it contains.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Lord Snow Mar 29, 2013 @ 4:21pm 
bump
Spawn of Totoro Mar 29, 2013 @ 4:40pm 
It contains everything in the gold edition and is for those who already own the regular civ 5.

Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Asia, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Americas, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia, Civilization V: Explorer’s Map Pack, Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca , Sid Meier’s Civilization® V: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II), Sid Meier's Civilization V - Gods and Kings, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings, Civilization V - Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea, Civilization V - Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack

Please note, you will not get giftable vversions of items you already own.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Mar 29, 2013 @ 4:42pm
Lord Snow Mar 29, 2013 @ 7:28pm 
Yes! It contains Gods and kings, well thank you very much for the reply :D
Spawn of Totoro Mar 29, 2013 @ 8:07pm 
Originally posted by Deusz:
Yes! It contains Gods and kings, well thank you very much for the reply :D

No problem. I got it when it was on sale for $5.
Mario Mluigifish Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:39am 
So I would assume it just automaticaly adds the DLCs/Mods directly to the game or do you have to download/install it. Because it wouldn't let me click the install games button which appears when you buy the upgrade, so I closed it, and now I can't find it in my library! :(
Satoru Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:50am 
You'll only see "Sid Meiere's Civilization V". Which contains all your stuff including the dlc and expansions.
Longman Jul 17, 2013 @ 10:34pm 
If you already had civ 5 standard installed, do you have to wipe the install and re-download it?
Satoru Jul 17, 2013 @ 10:37pm 
Originally posted by Longman:
If you already had civ 5 standard installed, do you have to wipe the install and re-download it?

No it'll just download all the DLC and G&K. You still just launch "Civ5" as it doesnt create a separate app entry for the gold version.
Last edited by Satoru; Jul 17, 2013 @ 10:38pm
Long Bottom Leaf Jul 19, 2013 @ 11:16am 
quick question. i already have a bunch of dlc, will the gold edition upgrade just get me what im missing or will i get all of the dlc again
Satoru Jul 19, 2013 @ 11:50am 
Originally posted by R.I.P Gandalf the white. my cat:
quick question. i already have a bunch of dlc, will the gold edition upgrade just get me what im missing or will i get all of the dlc again

You only get what's 'missing' no extra copies.

As a general rule unless the page is EXTREMELY explicit that you will receive an extra or tradable copy of a game, you will not get them.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 29, 2013 @ 3:24pm