bug Mar 29, 2013 @ 6:13pm
Backup Problems
Recently trying to make room on my SSD by moving some rather large games (Bioshock Infinite, XCOM Enemy Unknown and Saints Row The Third) to my HDD so I made a backup of the games (All in one backup), deleted local content and then restored. The backup only restored Saints Row and it didn't even ask me where I wanted to install it. I do have other games installed to my HDD and obviously to my SSD too.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
aiusepsi Mar 29, 2013 @ 6:59pm 
There are currently two systems in Steam for managing and downloading content. Bioshock Infinite and XCom are on the new system, which is the one that lets you install in other folders.

Saints Row the Third is one of the few still on the old system.

If you try and create a backup which includes games from both systems, it'll silently fail and only backup the games from one system. In this case, you seem to have the backup from Saints Row the Third only.

It's a pretty bad bug, and I'm sorry, but you'll have to redownload Bioshock Infinite and XCom.
bug Mar 29, 2013 @ 8:18pm 
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it!
Shame about having to redownload those though :I
Do you know anything about it not asking where to install though? Right now it can only be on my SSD.
aiusepsi Mar 29, 2013 @ 8:46pm 
As I said, only the new system offers the choice about where to install, and Saints Row the Third is still on the old system, so it can only be installed in the default location.

It'll be moved to the new system at some point, though.
bug Mar 29, 2013 @ 9:00pm 
Okay, thanks for clarifying that.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 29, 2013 @ 6:13pm