z71593 Mar 27, 2013 @ 7:35pm
Bad Updating on Steam
Okay has anyone noticed how steams updating is so obnoxious and annoying because it keeps asking me to update countless times and the dialog box isnt very informative or what version of it you are downloading to show if you are out of date instead of just making you install who knows how many updates, like for example if i have version lets say 2.15 and there is an update for version 2.20 you know u r out of date there for u can set up automatic update or manual and actually show what you are downloading, i dont know that just seems better than what ther tactic of updating is right now.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
FrazerJC Mar 27, 2013 @ 7:46pm 
Originally posted by z71593:
u can set up automatic update or manual
No. Valve want everyone to always be on the most up to date Steam Client. When you think about why this is it should be obvious.
Sicris Mar 27, 2013 @ 7:57pm 
Manual update is a horrible idea. Any out of date version of steam would cause a tremendous amount of compatibility issues with games, especially new ones coming out.
jjb-54 Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:22pm 
I just wish to .. well ... the 9 - 8 that they would not suck each and every time - suck = Trash - Crash - create more problems for the user than they solve ....
Agent Phoenix Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:28pm 
how is this thread still up
i mean i made a thread saying the word new grounds was censored
type new grounds with no space between the -w- and the -g-
this will be censored for some reason
newgrounds
wait il type another site
addicting games
miniclip.com
CrownTiger Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:35pm 
Same with me, this is the 3rd time it has asked for me to update.
jjb-54 Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:56pm 
A week or so ago - I was 'given' an update and was told - Steam didn't do one - I am now Screen caping them next to my clock/date ....
Gordon Freeman Mar 28, 2013 @ 1:22am 
new update and my account blocked
hmm...thank you
I screwed
z71593 Apr 10, 2013 @ 6:31pm 
so after google searching for about 30 minutes i discoverd that if steam always wants you to update even after it just said you updated, you delete almost everything from your steam program files found in C: Program Files (x86)/Steam then deleting everything EXCEPT Steam.exe or it will be shown as Steam and then under file type it will be application, as well as not deleting steamapps which is where your games are downloaded. Once that is all done then click the application file and it will download the steam files again. I think mine had gotten corrupted when I had restored my laptop from a backup
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 27, 2013 @ 7:35pm