Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Help and Tips > Detaliile subiectului
Why does Steam say I own Dota 2???
Hello

There is something weird going on.. I do not recall buying Dota 2 but whenever I go to it's description game , I see the green banner saying you own this game...

I then go to view profile -> Games and in the list I do not see Dota anything..

Can someone explain what's going on.. oh and what the hell IS Dota 2 is it any good?

Thanks in advance
< >
Se afișează 1-13 din 13 comentarii
Felix 1 ian. 2013 la 11:39 
There are two versions of the Dota 2. The "Spectator" client, that allows you to watch other peoples' games, and the "Playing" client, that allows you to play AND spectate.

Everyone owns the spectator client. Because of this, the Steam Store says everyone owns Dota 2.
Tricks 1 ian. 2013 la 11:40 
Because DOTA 2 is technically free. You can only purchase the items + early access.

Once it's actually released though, anyone will be able to play it for free.

It's not out yet though.

That's just how all free-to-play games show up on Steam, they all say you own them.
Oh cool thanks.. so if you want to play you got to pay.. it is a monthly subscription too.. it looks like a good game may look into it
Felix 1 ian. 2013 la 11:51 
You can either pay for early access, complete a Valve survey to "show your interest" and potentially get a free early access key (but not everyone does) or you can trade for an early access key.

The game is NOT a monthly subscription.

Upon full release (it is currently in Beta) the game will be free to play.
Editat ultima dată de Felix; 1 ian. 2013 la 11:51
Tricks 1 ian. 2013 la 11:54 
Postat inițial de Gold:
Oh cool thanks.. so if you want to play you got to pay.. it is a monthly subscription too.. it looks like a good game may look into it

Correction, if you want to play EARLY you have to pay, but if you wait till it releases it's free to play except for microtransactions I'm sure.
Flicker 10 mart. 2013 la 12:35 
when is dota 2 gonna be out of beta and acually released, or at least a rough guess
Decayse 10 mart. 2013 la 12:51 
Postat inițial de Jace The Mindsculptor:
when is dota 2 gonna be out of beta and acually released, or at least a rough guess
It is is it not? well whatever, i have 5 copies to give away if anyone wants send me a FR
Postat inițial de Jace The Mindsculptor:

I think Valve said once all the original heroes are in the game they'll release it to everyone.

There are tons of beta keys floating around just look for people giving them away (such as Darthever)
I was a little confused with this too! xD
gnoj 11 mart. 2013 la 21:49 
You don't need to pay or trade for Dota 2 early access. You only buy it from the Steam store if you want the items they give you with it. You can get the game here.
If anyone's handing out any invites, i need one!
Postat inițial de vraden:

Did you even READ the responce above you concerning the bot that gives out free invitations...??
Postat inițial de vraden:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

DOTA2 Bot. Instructions on how to get a copy from it are on it's profile page.

It also accepts invitations sent to it, so you can get rid of them as well.
Editat ultima dată de Spawn of Totoro; 23 mai 2013 la 6:15
< >
Se afișează 1-13 din 13 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Help and Tips > Detaliile subiectului
Data postării: 1 ian. 2013 la 11:38
Postări: 13