HNSN Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:42pm
Lagspikes.
So the last couple of days I've been getting lagspikes, but only on Dota 2 and Counter-Strike 1.6. Is anyone else getting this or am I the only one?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:53pm 
Originally posted by H4U:
So the last couple of days I've been getting lagspikes, but only on Dota 2 and Counter-Strike 1.6. Is anyone else getting this or am I the only one?

Nope, you're the only one...out of 6 million active Steamers to experience lag. :P

How about some specifics please so we can narrow this down. What days of the week? What times of day? What servers? Which ISP do you use? Are other people on the same server complaining about lag?
Last edited by [dirrty]gsharp; Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:53pm
HNSN Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
The thing is that I never experince lag otherwise. That's why this is baffling me.

It's been like this since friday, so four days now.

I've only played around 14:00 CET - 21:00 CET the last couple of days, so during those hours.

Both european servers and US servers. I usually get around 150 in ping on dota when I play on US servers, but never lagspikes, and never lag in general.

I use bredbandsbolaget (Swedish ISP), 100 Mbit down and 10 Mbit up.

Well, there was one guy today on Dota, but except for him, nobody.

And it's highly unlikely my computer, since I brought it around four months ago, so posting my specs is kinda unnecessary.

Edit: Should also mention that I've already checked their site about info on maintenance, and there's nothing going on atm.
Last edited by HNSN; Mar 11, 2013 @ 1:03pm
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 11, 2013 @ 1:20pm 
Originally posted by H4U:
The thing is that I never experince lag otherwise. That's why this is baffling me.

It's been like this since friday, so four days now.

I've only played around 14:00 CET - 21:00 CET the last couple of days, so during those hours.

Both european servers and US servers. I usually get around 150 in ping on dota when I play on US servers, but never lagspikes, and never lag in general.

I use bredbandsbolaget (Swedish ISP), 100 Mbit down and 10 Mbit up.

Well, there was one guy today on Dota, but except for him, nobody.

And it's highly unlikely my computer, since I brought it around four months ago, so posting my specs is kinda unnecessary.

Thank you. That is helpful info.

I'm more a CS:GO person but I haven't seen anything unusual from Wash DC on Verizon. Then again, I'm not crossing the pond.

With cases like yours, it's usually easiest to rule out stuff than try to guess which one of the one hundred possible varibles are involved. I'd start with your local friends first. Find out if they are seeing the same lag spikes. If they are, and have different ISPs, you can probably rule out end-user issues. If you all share a common ISP, it's time to call that ISP and inquire about lag, latency, network maintenance, or poor routing that is impacting your game.

< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:42pm