The Brown Hornet Nov 6, 2012 @ 7:00pm
Whats The Deal with DOTA 2
Why is this game showing up so much, why does my account say I already own it?
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
magician named Hisoka Nov 6, 2012 @ 7:04pm 
because many people were completely tricked by an illegal business tactic and downloaded a game they thought they would be able play. it was nothing more than a ruse to get people to fill out a survey and win a free game invite. or hopefully they become impatient and actually buy the game. because the BUY and FREE options are about a 1cm apart and prominent. dirty dirty business tactics. for shame
The Brown Hornet Nov 6, 2012 @ 7:10pm 
So if I try to play this I'm just going to get survey, damn that's fuked up...
magician named Hisoka Nov 6, 2012 @ 7:15pm 
it's false advertisement plain and simple. i hope someone takes legal action. i assume people are being tricked into trading other games for these fake unplayable copies of DOTA2
FrazerJC Nov 6, 2012 @ 7:22pm 
Y'know, Killua, if you used a bit of brain you'd realise there are two versions of DOTA 2 at the moment:
-- The Specator client: You can watch some DOTA 2 games, but can't play
-- The Full Game client: Can both watch and play DOTA 2 games.

There is no false advertisement here. It's pretty simple.
magician named Hisoka Nov 6, 2012 @ 7:56pm 
yes there is. when you recieve the gift it says you being gifted DOTA2 with no mention of spectator status. its clearly omitted to trick people
RebootCA Nov 6, 2012 @ 8:00pm 
Well I did the survey about a month ago and today I got an email from steam that I can now play it.
FrazerJC Nov 6, 2012 @ 8:06pm 
Originally posted by Killua:
yes there is. when you recieve the gift it says you being gifted DOTA2 with no mention of spectator status. its clearly omitted to trick people
Every gift I have given and every gift bounced around by my friends have all given the full game.
TBAGtv Nov 7, 2012 @ 3:12am 
Don't worry, from what I hear Dota 2 will be going free to play sooner or later that is why you got these foreigners trying to trade it for another game.
duhsveti Nov 8, 2012 @ 12:12am 
I don't get it. The only copies i saw traded around were the full game. What seems to be the issue?
Tsundere Kanojo Nov 8, 2012 @ 12:21am 
Originally posted by Killua:
it's false advertisement plain and simple. i hope someone takes legal action. i assume people are being tricked into trading other games for these fake unplayable copies of DOTA2

HAR HAR HAR, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Palad1n(CZ) Nov 8, 2012 @ 1:06am 
DOTA 2 is currently in BETA stage....When finished, it will be available for everyone... Now three options : 1) BUY 2)FILL THE SURVEY AND WAIT 3)TRADE DOTA 2 PASS
Kossetsu Nov 8, 2012 @ 1:08am 
Isn't the survey to see if you're applicable to join the Beta program?
Palad1n(CZ) Nov 8, 2012 @ 1:10am 
Yes, but you can´t force Valve to send you an invitiation.... btw: i have 2 DOTA PASSES absolutely free for friends. And I get an access via filling SURVEY.
Sweet Tooth Nov 8, 2012 @ 6:37am 
There's no such thing as a tradable spectator client.

But yeah it's dispicable on how they trick people! They should at least explain it in the store page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/) or at least put a note on the forums explaining the situation! (http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discussions/0/882965239636857387/)
Nudist Beach™ Nov 9, 2012 @ 7:36am 
There's a difference between Valve "tricking" people, and people just being completely stupid. If you search DOTA2, it has a price RIGHT THERE. It tells you in multiple places that you need to either sign up for an invite, or buy early access. Use your god damn brain, killua.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2012 @ 7:00pm