Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:05pm
I just got screwed hard
I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 like 2 hours ago, and now it's on sale TF

Would i be able to get a refund or ...?
Last edited by Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin; Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:06pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:07pm 
I suggest you try it because my friend had a similar issue and they credited his account with Steam wallet funds.
Hashbrick Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:20pm 
That's some horrible luck lol but it's worth a shot you have nothing to loose just contact support.
Nocturne Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:24pm 
you won't get anything apart from a standard message from support saying: "All applied discounts are automated, we can't do anything about it and we can't give you a refund or compensate pricing to your wallet".
I've had this before.
10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:25pm 
Originally posted by Hashbrick:
That's some horrible luck lol but it's worth a shot you have nothing to loose just contact support.

I bought a motherboard that went on a temporary sale for 50 bucks off an hour after I bought it. I just stared at it for 5 minutes thinking "wow...just wow." After a few back and forth emails with newegg they agreed to refund the difference.

Originally posted by Nocturne™:
you won't get anything apart from a standard message from support saying: "All applied discounts are automated, we can't do anything about it and we can't give you a refund or compensate pricing to your wallet".
I've had this before.

My friend had the same problem and got a refund to his wallet. So it can happen.
Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
Nocturne just destroyed all hope for my support ticket lol

Originally posted by TenClub 89:

My friend had the same problem and got a refund to his wallet. So it can happen.

May the gods shine on me.
Nocturne Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by Nocturne™:
I've had this before.

hmm ok, well I guess I had a bad CS employee then caught on an offguard day.

edit: actual response, just looked it up, I filed the ticket an aeon ago (2010 to be exact).

Message by Support Tech Raymond on Fri, 24th Dec 2010 10:36 pm
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Unfortunately, our billing system is automated and we have no option to offer a partial refund on purchases or to add store credit to your account for the difference.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding.

Not trying to burst OP's hope or anything, but it might be that policies have changed in almost 3 years ;)
10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:44pm 
Or you just need to be lucky I think. The CS guy/girl told my friend it was a one time exception so who knows.
Nocturne Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:46pm 
well, still never hurts to try, GL OP :3
Hashbrick Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:57pm 

I bought a motherboard that went on a temporary sale for 50 bucks off an hour after I bought it. I just stared at it for 5 minutes thinking "wow...just wow." After a few back and forth emails with newegg they agreed to refund the difference.

Damn man, good thing you got the difference back but I'm sure they tried to throw you off at first hoping you'd just go away.

Steam might do the same thing to the OP but if you ask nicely and don't go into a rage you will probably get what you want.
10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:00pm 

Damn man, good thing you got the difference back but I'm sure they tried to throw you off at first hoping you'd just go away.

Steam might do the same thing to the OP but if you ask nicely and don't go into a rage you will probably get what you want.

Yeah they did but I persisted and they finally gave in. I'm sure they figured that $50 is nothing compared to everything I've bought from them and will continue to buy for them if they gave me the refund. I told them I've been a customer for years. What's more important $50 or future sales? I finally got a message of "since you are a valued customer..." and gave me the refund.

OP shouldn't give up if he/she gets rejected. Should keep trying.
Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin Mar 27, 2013 @ 11:16pm 
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Unfortunately, there is no way to offer you the discounted price outside of the sale period.

Aside from the inability to modify prices for a single purchase through Steam, there are legal issues with our third party partners that authorize the sale price during a specific time frame.

We understand this is an inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

;(
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:05pm