DRM & Sparkles Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:32pm
Pre-order cancellation and rewards?
If i preorder a game, then cancel the preorder, will i still get the rewards. I would like the tf2 items for bioshock infinite but i already preordered the songbird edition of the game, so i don't see why i should drop $60 on a game i already bought
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
V10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:49pm 
No of course not. That is begging for abuse lol.
Spawn of Totoro Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:37pm 
No. If you cansell the pro-order, you will lose the items. If they were traded, then the person you gave them to would lose the items.
Julia Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:45pm 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
No. If you cansell the pro-order, you will lose the items. If they were traded, then the person you gave them to would lose the items.

Woah, so if I pre-order, trade my pre-order reward for let's say a TF2 hat, cancel the pre-order, he loses the pre-order reward and I keep the hat? Or does he get his hat back?
FrazerJC Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:53pm 
You keep the hat, however the other guy could easily go to Steam Support and get their hat back.

And if it was determined that you did it with that intent then you'd probably get in trouble for scamming. ;)
Julia Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:55pm 
I have no intention to scam. I just immediately thought of how it could get abused x3
Tito Christmas Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:26pm 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
And if it was determined that you did it with that intent then you'd probably get in trouble for scamming. ;)
Which usually ends on a trade ban (and permanent 'on probation' trade status) or even a locked account (no trade, purchase, or game activation on the account) if a chargeback is issued.
It's not the most wise thing to do, but has already happened quite some times.
Has happened enough times as to have a section featured on the steam trading guideliness
What if I redeemed a game from a trade that is fraudulently purchased?

If this happens, the account where the fraud took place will be suspended. Your account will not be suspended, however the game you redeemed/unpacked to your account will be removed. We will restore the items/gifts that were associated with the trade that you performed to receive the game
Julia Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:34pm 
I'd think there would be something in order to prevent that, like something that doesn't let you trade pre-order rewards until the game is available and you can no longer cancel your order.
Purpuran Mar 21, 2013 @ 5:29pm 
You guys are brilliant.... You can't trade preorder rewards until a while after the game comes out.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:32pm