Grimmjow Jaggerjack Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:26pm
Offline mode after update
After the update I can no longer use the Offline mode on steam any more. It keeps telling me there is no steam log in information but then when I open steam it logs in just fine on it's own so the log in information is there but it won't let me use it for offline mode. Anyone else having this problem?
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
jjb-54 Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:55pm 
Hold I'll Check .....

Skyrim working just fine OFF-Line .... Not sure what to tell you???
Last edited by jjb-54; Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:56pm
realkman666 Mar 21, 2013 @ 5:50pm 
I have the same problem. Fresh install of Steam on fresh install of OS.
The Rickateer Mar 22, 2013 @ 12:49am 
Same issue with me, I've tried everything! Including fresh install of OS. I'm desperate for a fix as I use a laptop with little access to the Internet. I can play no games currently.!
dnb Mar 22, 2013 @ 2:31am 
Same here, since yesterday. But not fresh install of anything, no laptop neither.

I was offline since months, went on to grab Skyrim & CK 1.9 two days ago, everything was fine. Then since a restart of my computer yesterday, it's impossible to go offline anymore.

I hope this will be fixed soon. An official statement would also be appreciated.
pwgeof Mar 22, 2013 @ 4:08am 
Yes an official statement would be great at the very least. ive been trying since the update to find a fix and after trying every suggestion i can find its still not working. Just reinstalled everything this morning and yet again same problem, its something in the update that is causing this. I would suggest steam support but i got a reply from them last night and the ♥♥♥♥♥ who replied had just copied and pasted from the support articles even though my email to them clearly stated i had tried that fix several times. It looks like there is nothing we can do about this and steam don't seem to be bothered.
jjb-54 Mar 22, 2013 @ 8:07am 
Sorry - it's "OUR FAULT" not theirs .... they have no answer ... just excuses and people that drink the kool-aid, "But STEAM is so wonderful...It has to be YOUR fault."

Yes I'm a bit frustrated - well more than .... because of STEAM. . o O ( sorry )

The one I'm trying to figure out, is that I was told - STEAM DID NOT DO AN UPDATE ... HUH?

dnb Mar 22, 2013 @ 9:13am 
Still nothing, week-end is coming, no Skyrim nor CK, just because of steam !

Even the Atari 2600 is better than this ♥♥♥♥, because on an Atari 2600, you can play offline the game you BOUGHT !!!
SerfT Mar 22, 2013 @ 9:29am 
lol atari. wow that go back a ways.

one thing that did come up was windows update fubared a few nic cards on a update.

some people have been fixing the connection with updated drivers from the mfg. for there nic cards.
SerfT Mar 22, 2013 @ 9:31am 
anouther fix was sign up for beta fixed a few peoples connection issues also
SerfT Mar 22, 2013 @ 9:33am 
look at this post it also discribs a third fix.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828934089590738480/
Last edited by SerfT; Mar 22, 2013 @ 9:34am
dnb Mar 22, 2013 @ 9:42am 
Thanks SerfT, but i already signed in the beta, hoping it'll do something (how wrong) and all my games are fully updated ... so i guess i have no choice other than deleting all but steamapps and exe, and it's not even sure that it works ... ♥♥♥♥ !!!
dnb Mar 22, 2013 @ 9:54am 
And of course deleting doesn't work. BLOODY.PIECE.OF.♥♥♥♥
Raxk'el Mar 25, 2013 @ 3:03pm 
If anyone at Steam is listening, I've had the same problem. Every time I try to open Steam when I do not have an internet connection available the program tells me that no Steam login information has been saved to my computer. For several years I've been using offline mode without any problems. This just started happening this past week. Thank you.
tulo_asl Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
we should spamm this issue to valve

i know spamm is annoying but we need to do something
Bearton Jay Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:12pm 
We are aware of the issue and investigating further.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:26pm