SkrAllex Feb 19, 2013 @ 3:50pm
Installed steam games not showing up after update
Some time ago, I opted in for beta. then the beta ended so steam did some update thing. I restart my pc and low and behold, the games that I installed to my HDD were missing from the installed list. (steam is installed on SSD) I think the beta thing was to allow steam to install to alternate locations.
I might try and an them to my list as non-steam games. That might work as a temp. solution.
The games still run, mind. Just not showing up as installed in the client.

Besides reinstalling (as they are already installed) how can I fix this?
thanks
Last edited by SkrAllex; Feb 20, 2013 @ 7:32am
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
SkrAllex Feb 20, 2013 @ 7:32am 
bump, please help (hoping this bumps)
eldy_60 Feb 20, 2013 @ 8:56am 
More bump
flox0r o+< Mar 9, 2013 @ 10:53pm 
Definite bump. Has now happened twice to me. Steam updates, then games that were installed show up as uninstalled. Game files are still present, just not recognised by Steam. Have tried renaming existing Steam data directories, starting the DL of the game, quitting Steam, copying the perfectly good data back in then restarting Steam, but it insists on still redownloading each game. I DO NOT want to have to re-download literally HUNDREDS of gigabytes of data.
dreadLordie Mar 10, 2013 @ 1:31am 
Yesterday the steam client insisted that it had been installed on a new PC which required activation. After activation all my Steam games appear uninstalled. The files are still there on my drive just not linked to the Steam client. What to do ?
flox0r o+< Mar 10, 2013 @ 8:26am 
Yep I've noticed that after the Steam update, it's asked me to "validate" the "new PC I'm using" even though it's the exact same PC I was using the day before. Has happened twice. I'm not trying anything hacky or cracky whatsoever. Steam sends me an email with a code, I put the code in, it's accepted, and all appears peachy - until I realise all my games appear "not installed yet" and would I like to install them.

Word of warning - don't uninstall Steam with the intention of reinstalling Steam and having it just recognise all your games. I foolishly did that, and Steam purged essentially all of my games' data (100s of GB), so now I definitley have zero choice but to re-download everything. I was livid/furious/seeing red/wanted to nuke Steam from orbit. I honestly don't know which is worse now - Steam or Origin... and I hate Origin.
Sly Mar 10, 2013 @ 8:31am 
I wouldn't keep anything vital on a SSD. Last I knew the life span on a SSD is about two years. I once had the same issue but i restarted and was fine.
dreadLordie Mar 10, 2013 @ 11:55am 
Thanfully I didn't have to redownload all my games. The Steam client checked my local drive and as I hadn't changed anything in my Steam folder it just did a scan an everything was OK. Good thing my games was on a SSD as It took quite a while to scan all the files.
SkrAllex Mar 13, 2013 @ 5:11pm 
I fixed it...i think...or whatever, i reinstalled the games and it "discovered" them. although it still needed to download some files.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2013 @ 3:50pm