peter-reidy1 Mar 9, 2013 @ 12:15pm
Fallout 3 GOTY Steam Fail
Im just wondering if anyone else had gotten there money back ( or compensation) for steam's Fallout 3 GOTY that once downloaded .... doesnt work. Any advice of ways to get compensation because i use steam alot and dont want to be lost as a customer but im not going to buy anything else if theres a risk im paying for NOTHING
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 9, 2013 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by peter-reidy1:
Im just wondering if anyone else had gotten there money back ( or compensation) for steam's Fallout 3 GOTY that once downloaded .... doesnt work. Any advice of ways to get compensation because i use steam alot and dont want to be lost as a customer but im not going to buy anything else if theres a risk im paying for NOTHING

What's not working? Can you provide some details?
Τhe Rolling Christmas Tree Mar 9, 2013 @ 3:50pm 
Tested just now, works fine. Sounds like a user error.
Dreakon Mar 9, 2013 @ 4:01pm 
Why shout the word NOTHING at us? Do people realize that abrasive behavior makes others less likely to help them?
Tsundere Kanojo Mar 9, 2013 @ 4:35pm 
Originally posted by Dreakon:
Why shout the word NOTHING at us? Do people realize that abrasive behavior makes others less likely to help them?

YELLING HELPS YOU GET THINGS YOU WANT

Also, Fallout 3 GOTY works on Windows 8 for me.
peter-reidy1 Mar 12, 2013 @ 9:19am 
Haha sorry its just i already talked to steam and got nothing so yah but okay iw ill re-download it again and see if it works, what was happening ( and what i thought to be a wide issue) is gamenu will pop up .. user hits the play button but it just closes ( like an exit button)
funkycmonkey Mar 12, 2013 @ 1:36pm 
look on youtube to find videos on how 2 make it work on more than 2 cores
Ûvatha Mar 12, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
make sure to install the latest GfWl client (the one from Steam is outdated) and run the game from the .exe in the install dir with admin rights the first time you launch it.
Mark S. Mar 12, 2013 @ 3:18pm 
i have also tried everything. i spent hours trying to get it to work. always CTDs before i can even get out of the vault. i just gave up and moved on
Silicon Vampire Mar 12, 2013 @ 3:39pm 
Running fine on both a Quad-Core W7 HP 64 bit and a Duo-Core Vista HP 64 bit boxes here.
Lostedge Mar 12, 2013 @ 4:04pm 
User problem. Not steam related at all.
Mivo Mar 12, 2013 @ 4:13pm 
I played it just the other day and it ran perfectly fine. i7 3610QM, 8 GB, Win 7 (64bit), GT650M. I also played it on my 2500k, 8 GB, GTX 570 without trouble.
peter-reidy1 Mar 12, 2013 @ 5:24pm 
Originally posted by Ûvatha:
make sure to install the latest GfWl client (the one from Steam is outdated) and run the game from the .exe in the install dir with admin rights the first time you launch it.

Hmm okay maybe this is whats goin wrong what is GfWI client?
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 12, 2013 @ 5:48pm 
Originally posted by peter-reidy1:
Originally posted by Ûvatha:

Hmm okay maybe this is whats goin wrong what is GfWI client?

Is it something specific to the GOTY edition? I just installed a fresh copy of Fallout3 (not GOTY) and it worked like a champ. No changes. No custom mods.
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 12, 2013 @ 5:49pm 
Originally posted by Ottoman Turk:
i have also tried everything. i spent hours trying to get it to work. always CTDs before i can even get out of the vault. i just gave up and moved on

Go make your own thread, Mr. Thread Hijacker. Your problem is different than the OP's problem. He can't even start his game.
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2013 @ 12:15pm