Alle discussies > Steam-forum > Help and Tips > Details van topic
Serious compiler issue: Can't find steam app user info
This only affects modellers/developers in the Source Engine area ( Mostly Garry's Mod ). This is still a very serious issue ( at least I think so ). For one, it needs to be addressed because I do not see a lot of people making this problem public and I do not know the best way to get Valve's attention.

The issue:

Compilers will not work or let you compile models and the typical error is: Can't find steam app user info NO MATTER WHAT

Basically, from what me and others have read and tried, there is no solution except to wait for Valve to put out a fix or something. I've spent hours on google hoping I'd find some magical solution and found nothing. I also love how this all starts happening the around the one day I want to use it. Anyway, that's it, a stupid steam bug that hinders progress and angry developers waiting for a sign from god. Fix it will you please, Valve?

EDIT: Just tried it this morning and I'm not getting that error!
Laatst bewerkt door Demonkush; 24 okt 2013 om 7:14
< >
1-3 van 3 reacties weergegeven
Yeah i got same problem what to do?
Here's what you do for just about any source engine game, lets say CS:S.

Go to "SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Source/bin". You'll find a perfectly working version of hammer, studiomdl and hlmv, I've been using them all myself for quite some time now.
Origineel geplaatst door Demonkush ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°):
Here's what you do for just about any source engine game, lets say CS:S.

Go to "SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Source/bin". You'll find a perfectly working version of hammer, studiomdl and hlmv, I've been using them all myself for quite some time now.

I don't get it. Whenever I get to Counter-Strike source, there's no bin
< >
1-3 van 3 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Alle discussies > Steam-forum > Help and Tips > Details van topic
Geplaatst op: 23 okt 2013 om 22:22
Aantal berichten: 3