Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
[WB] Divuar 31. okt. 2013 kl. 3:42
Prices differ
Hey! I've just realised that prices I see in software client differ from the prices on the Steam web page. Games are mostly more expensive on the page. I believe the problem is connected with regions or somewhat. Does anyone know how I can fix the issue?
I live in Ukraine and use our country's steam store.
< >
Viser 1-9 af 9 kommentarer
MBoomer 31. okt. 2013 kl. 3:52 
What currency does it show you in the client and the site? Is it the same?

Also could you give an example of a game that has diffrent pricing?
[WB] Divuar 31. okt. 2013 kl. 3:59 
Oprindeligt skrevet af MBoomer:
What currency does it show you in the client and the site? Is it the same?

Also could you give an example of a game that has diffrent pricing?

Yes, both are in USD. Right now I am away from my home PC, but here is an example. Max Payne 3 costs 4.99 via Steam client, but it's 9.99 USD on the website.
I believe I see not a ukrainian price on the page, because my friend says he has the same prices in the client and on the page. 0_o Besides, the prices shown in the iOS client are tha same as in Windows Steam client.
MBoomer 31. okt. 2013 kl. 4:04 
Could you possibly using a proxy in your home PC? one that changes your location? (Tor browser, HideMyIP, etc.)

I see them both as $9.99 - site and client
Sidst redigeret af MBoomer; 31. okt. 2013 kl. 4:05
[WB] Divuar 31. okt. 2013 kl. 4:11 
Could you possibly using a proxy in your home PC? one that changes your location? (Tor browser, HideMyIP, etc.)

I see them both as $9.99 - site and client

What region are you in? I believe it's my work PC (where I noticed the different price), which is using proxy. My friends rom my country have a 5 dollar price for the game too. I'll tell when I check the same price on the same machine. Thanks for help :)
MBoomer 31. okt. 2013 kl. 4:14 
I'm from Israel, but I have never had diffrent prices than the US, I get them in USD and they are exectly the same as friends of mine from the US or from game critics I follow on youtube
[WB] Divuar 31. okt. 2013 kl. 4:16 
I'm from Israel, but I have never had diffrent prices than the US, I get them in USD and they are exectly the same as friends of mine from the US or from game critics I follow on youtube
I see. Well, I heard that games are cheaper in Russia and some other countries, but dunno about Ukraine where I live. It seems prices are lower.
[WB] Divuar 31. okt. 2013 kl. 6:55 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Case:
Refresh/Reload the browser page.
Thanks, but it won't help :(
MBoomer 31. okt. 2013 kl. 7:01 
I'm assuming it's cheaper because you're in Ukraine. And that the proxy is making it go back to the regular US price.
[WB] Divuar 31. okt. 2013 kl. 7:30 
I'm assuming it's cheaper because you're in Ukraine. And that the proxy is making it go back to the regular US price.
Think you're right. Thanks for the help and attention for the issue! :D
< >
Viser 1-9 af 9 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Dato opslået: 31. okt. 2013 kl. 3:42