This topic has been locked
Error Code: -101, I'm getting sick of your crap
"Error Code: -101

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet."

I've been getting this non-stop for the past 2 weeks. I did what the support files told me to do to fix it - as ridiculous and unrelated as it seemed - but to no avail. I cannot move more than two pages at a time and often I am sitting on the same page refreshing until it works.

So what the hell is up? Is this to do with the new steam console intergration? Are other people experiencing it? Is there a fix for it that I haven't found in the forums, given how hard it is to move around at all? I figure it has nothing to do with my connection to the internet (seeing as everything else works as it usually does) and clearly something to do with Steam. Sure isn't promoting the meta side of things if I can't do anything, including visiting my library...

Last edited by rhinegade ♠; Nov 13, 2013 @ 11:07am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
rhinegade ♠ Nov 13, 2013 @ 3:10am 
"Result - SUCCESS"

so I figure that means it's not blocked?

Thanks for the website though, very handy
rhinegade ♠ Nov 13, 2013 @ 3:49am 
Windows 7, uhhh software that is definitely not getting in the way of steam, it's very minimal. I've rebooted my system as well as Steam various times, fluffed around with proxies, I don't think I've rebooted my router admittedly because that requires physical effort haha, but in general I can't figure out how this is an issue on my part
Satoru Nov 13, 2013 @ 5:25am 
Switch to Google DNs
rhinegade ♠ Nov 13, 2013 @ 11:06am 
I've rebooted the router, disabled my protection software.. still having trouble. I do have a theory, I live in NZ so perhaps the servers for where I am are having some issues. I really don't think that it's my computer. No settings have changed and it's only happened since the console intergration, getting increasingly worse.
Satoru Nov 13, 2013 @ 11:12am 
Like I said, change your DNS to google DNS or OpenDNS

It's a networking issue with your ISP likely.
rhinegade ♠ Nov 13, 2013 @ 4:41pm 
When I read up on how to fix this error, it told me about changing the proxy settings in Internet Settings. It made absolutely no difference. As I said earlier, everything else works perfectly - immaculately fine; Steam in a browser works fine, it's just in this engine that it has these errors.
SweetieBot.exe Nov 13, 2013 @ 6:03pm 
I'm getting alot of "Error Code 104: Connection reset by peer" when trying to connect to http://steamcommunity.com/ on the Steam client itself, Firefox, Internet Explorer and my Android phone; my ISP is Optus in Australia, this also started happening 2 weeks ago for me everything before 2 weeks ago was perfect for me. I have to keep reseting my modem (about 3 or 4 times) till it gives me an IP Address, that will let me use Steam Community properly, it seems like blocks of IP Addresses are being dropped on a Quest ISP Edge router on the way to steam community looking at my traceroutes, although I'm not an expert in this so don't know exactly what's going on...
rhinegade ♠ Nov 14, 2013 @ 5:24pm 
"Error Code: -101

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet."

I've refreshed my steam files. The error codes are still coming up. I am now experiencing another issue however: All my games that have been installed into a secondary Steam Library are not being recognized as installed. Is there a way to set the path of the secondary library?

EDIT: Nevermind, I took two seconds to explore and found how to do it. However the Error Codes are still coming up it seems. :protozoid:
Last edited by rhinegade ♠; Nov 14, 2013 @ 5:26pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 12, 2013 @ 6:55pm