jackson921191 Feb 5, 2013 @ 3:14pm
Steam needs to stop advertising to me
I see enough billboards everyday, when I am done playing a game I don't want Steam putting up some add for a game. Can I stop this? thanks
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Hempest Feb 5, 2013 @ 3:26pm 
Not sure what you are talking about here....
tmwfte Feb 5, 2013 @ 3:29pm 
Steam > Settings > Interface > Notify me about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases - untick the form field.

A simple search would have yielded you this, but no, you have to get angry about a pop-up from a service that you use for free. Makes sense to me.
Chowder Feb 5, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
Ads are intrusive. Steam ads are informing you of new games.
jackson921191 Feb 5, 2013 @ 5:13pm 
Ok, thanks for the help. I got it sorted out
drSpockwa Jan 7 @ 6:52pm 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
Steam > Settings > Interface > Notify me about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases - untick the form field.

A simple search would have yielded you this, but no, you have to get angry about a pop-up from a service that you use for free. Makes sense to me.

Thanks for the info tmwfte. I used to like the pop up window that advertised games, until we started getting all the Early Access advertisements. Turning this feature off will help cope with the reality of Early Access games being in the store. Steam misses out on advertising that I actually enjoyed.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2013 @ 3:14pm