shorxrore Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:27am
sale prices aren't nearly as good as other years
this winter sale has been really dissappointing so far. The sales are more expensive than they were last year...FTL for 66% off? so many games that aren't even new any more are just 50% or less off...what is going on? i haven't seen a single game that i thought "wow that's a deal" and i thought that almost every day each of the last several winter sales.
Showing 1-15 of 107 comments
< >
Ghosts Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:28am 
Not true, the skyrim deal was quite a steal. Though I will agree some games are rather old, and it's mostly indie games.
Fire FoX HD Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:29am 
I just wanted Shogun 2 in 75% :(
Touching Hair Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:30am 
By paying a few extra pennies you help to pay for a developer's child's dinner. Without those pennies that child would surly starve.
shorxrore Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:30am 
the skyrim deal was decent, but let's be real: the first winter sale just after the game came out when they put it at 33% off was much better. Skyrim was a #1 seller for MONTHS and i can't imagine that many people bought it this time around even though it's cheaper. still, the sales are weak besides that...and where are the indie game packs? the bundles? are they just not doing that any more?
Touching Hair Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:32am 
I guess there wasn't much interest from developers and publishers this year.
Ghosts Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:33am 
Well it climbed to top sellers pretty quickly so a few people had to have. Indie games!? Don't get me started, I'd say if anything these sales are nothing BUT indie games. It's the reason im hesitant to buy honestly, indie games are too much of a "mabye?" for me to feel like risking the money on buying it.
shorxrore Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:37am 
there's plenty of indie games that are amazing...and most of them aren't getting sales. Rogue Legacy and Monaco are the only good indie games i've noticed that had actually good sales. FTL has been on sale, on steam, for less than it is now - how is that even possible? They need to put more actually good games up, indie or not. Maybe they're just big enough now they don't need to?

hopefully it improves there's still a lotta time left.
Ghosts Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:40am 
Exactly, I think they're putting up the cruddy sales now to get them out of the way, then when christmas hits and people get money BOOM SALE HERE. HEY THERE, YOU LIKE GUNS!? WELL LOOK HERES 40 GUN GAMES, BOOM $1! Ya know, because that's what I imagine when I hear the word Gabe.
muckymucks Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:45am 
I've bought most games on GMG and Humble Store during their WInter Sales. Much better prices. They all redeem on Steam so Steam still wins, but yeah, Steam isn't really doing it with the prices this year.
LoZWW Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:47am 
I agree, I mean, there was a lot of games with 75% off last year and now even 'old' games are like 50%, 66% off. But I see a lot of Indie games with good prices though.
Time for the Divine Throw Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:59am 
Originally posted by Ghosts:
Exactly, I think they're putting up the cruddy sales now to get them out of the way, then when christmas hits and people get money BOOM SALE HERE. HEY THERE, YOU LIKE GUNS!? WELL LOOK HERES 40 GUN GAMES, BOOM $1! Ya know, because that's what I imagine when I hear the word Gabe.
I hope this too. There are only about 5-6 indie games that really look good to me. Im just looking for a game like Fallout 3 and the such to go on sale
The Lag Commander Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
The only thing I noticed is that KotOR II was 50% off instead of 75%. I thought that was kind of odd.
Kyle Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:06pm 
Why don't you buy the game at full price and get over it. You're lucky they allow 50-90% on games. Need I say more.
Gaz Blackheart Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:22pm 
Originally posted by The Lag Commander:
The only thing I noticed is that KotOR II was 50% off instead of 75%. I thought that was kind of odd.
i also noticed that kotor 1 wasnt on sale at all wtf?
jaredl Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:22pm 
I love getting a deal and feel kinda cheated if I pay full price just for it to go on sale for 75% two weeks later. But at the same time I want to support developers so more high quality games keep getting made and not a lot of work in progress type games where the game is rushed out and then bugs are fixed months later and parts of the game are sold for extra money as DLC instead of being part of the original game.
Showing 1-15 of 107 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:27am