sToNeD JeSuS Oct 30, 2012 @ 10:01pm
Prepaid Visa problem
So I won a 20$ Prepaid Visa at my job and I thought of buying RAGE. At first it 'work' and said it was pending. When I go in my Account Details I cant see RAGE transaction but when I log on Myprepaidcenter.com I can see it had been charged but still pending. | 10/29/2012 VALVE SOFTWARE Pending... (10.17) 0 | Its been two days and I can't see the game in my library and when I'd look on Steam forums all I read its that every Prepaid cards doesnt works.

I need to say that I live in Canada and that I never had trouble with Valve and Steam, in fact I'm with them since CS 1.5 (with a different account when Steam start up) and I want to know if the pending can take a week which I can understand or did I really lost 10.17$?

It doesn't bother me like if I really work for that 10$ because I won it but it's still money. So the real question is can I get my money back if I dont get the game or do even start a discussion is a waste of time for 10$... If I can't get my money back I'd like to know if Bethesda get the money? I really wish they did because they are a great studio and making good games.

So I all want is 1 : my money back so I can buy the game with paypal or 2 : Bethesda get the money with Steam 30% cut and not 100% of the money!

How can it happens without Steam working on this issue?!
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Satoru Oct 30, 2012 @ 10:05pm 
Pending means the charge isn't going through. and plenty of people use prepaid cards so I'm not sure where youre getting the info that they don't work from.
♥ Sora ♥ Oct 31, 2012 @ 1:56am 
Not entirely sure how your card works. but for me to use a prepaid visa card online I must go to the proper site, and enter the my zipcode/location or charges get locked/pending/rejected/declined for online purchases atleast thats how its worked for everysingle prepaid card I have used for steam and other online purchases.

Prehaps this applies to you?
sToNeD JeSuS Nov 4, 2012 @ 9:09pm 
satoru : search the forum.

Sora : yes I did everything and Ive buy something else but not on steam and it works.. but I dont care, ive already lost my time doing research and starting that discussion so I'll buy RAGE with my credit card... its only 10$ . thx Sora
andy72184 Jan 16, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
If steam having trouble with prepaid visa cards then I'll hold off from buying from them, that sounds a bit corrupt on valves end.
FrazerJC Jan 16, 2013 @ 2:36pm 
Originally posted by andy72184:
If steam having trouble with prepaid visa cards then I'll hold off from buying from them, that sounds a bit corrupt on valves end.
This thread is from October 31st 2012. It's a bit outdated now and I do not believe Valve are having any issues with pre-paid Visas at this moment in time.
andy72184 Jan 16, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
Ok thank you, I just wanted to buy Black Ops 2 with a prepaid visa or mastercard but I don't think there's a $60.00 prepaid card I can get at in stores it's either 50 or 100 unless there's one you can put however much you want to put on the card. But is there any tax with steam games when purchasing with prepaid cards?
Sloppy Seconds Jan 16, 2013 @ 2:59pm 
Originally posted by andy72184:
Ok thank you, I just wanted to buy Black Ops 2 with a prepaid visa or mastercard but I don't think there's a $60.00 prepaid card I can get at in stores it's either 50 or 100 unless there's one you can put however much you want to put on the card. But is there any tax with steam games when purchasing with prepaid cards?

It depends on your region I believe, but if you aren't purchasing with the same currency in which Steam is charging, you will be charged a fee on top of the currency conversion.
andy72184 Jan 22, 2013 @ 11:29pm 
I went ahead and made my friend use his credit card and gave him the cash, didn't feel like paying the 4.95 activation fee.
Breaukun Dec 25, 2013 @ 8:31am 
Yeah it's an old thread, but the problem is good as new. I want to buy ARMA II combined operations while it's 4.99, but I'm having this issue. Watch, knowing steam, it'll work when ARMA goes back to full price.
Sir Daniel Fortesque Dec 25, 2013 @ 8:50am 
Breaukun, it's because there's a huge influx from the sales, causing a DDOS, though this DDOS isn't an attack meant to be mallicious. it's simply the steam servers can't handle everyone trying to get the games in the sale, nevermind on christmas.
BlackChaosX12 Dec 25, 2013 @ 9:03am 
The problem is happening to me as well , stays at pending in the statement... what the ♥♥♥♥ steam.. bought bionic commando rearmed and it dissappeared from my library 2 seconds later ..
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2012 @ 10:01pm