Dette emnet er blitt låst
[GB] I.Rapid 26. feb. 2013 kl. 2.53
Can Old Game Discs Be Activated On My Account?
Hey Guys,

I was recently clearing out my room when I found a few old games I have such as Crysis, and Pirates Of The Burning Sea.
These are the disc copies, which I purchased and played WAY before they appeared on steam. If I went to play these now would I be able to activate them on steam, or would it be best if I just throw them away?
I'm a bit confused how it works, because if you got them from the shop now, you'd have to activate them on steam, right?

Many thanks....
< >
Viser 115 av 15 kommentarer
☯ Zeroxia 26. feb. 2013 kl. 3.08 
I hope you still have the box it comes with. Mostly there is a code at the back of it or inside of it. You can see a Steam logo next to it. If there is one then you can try to activate it. Even if the Steam logo isn't there then it is worth a try.

Only games that are on Steam can be activated. If you don't have a key then you can't activate it. You are only able to install it on your pc and just add it as non-steam game. But you dont own it on Steam then.
[GB] I.Rapid 26. feb. 2013 kl. 3.17 
Alright. Thanks for the link. I have the boxes, and the CD keys still, but none of my games are listed on that page. I'll just throw them away.
Sist redigert av [GB] I.Rapid; 26. feb. 2013 kl. 5.29
 KARR™ 26. feb. 2013 kl. 5.40 
.. why not... keep them and install and play them..? If you were going to throw them away, why would you even bother to try to add them to Steam?
Spawn of Totoro 26. feb. 2013 kl. 6.28 
Opprinnelig skrevet av GB I.Rapid:
Alright. Thanks for the link. I have the boxes, and the CD keys still, but none of my games are listed on that page. I'll just throw them away.

If they are EA gams, you can try and add them to Origin.
Firask 27. feb. 2013 kl. 13.10 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Spawn of Totoro:
If they are EA gams, you can try and add them to Origin.

If it's too old for steam to accept, then Origin won't accept either (tried myeslf)
Spawn of Totoro 27. feb. 2013 kl. 13.12 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Firask:
If it's too old for steam to accept, then Origin won't accept either (tried myeslf)

Worth a try though. You never know and Origin doesn't have a list of game it can/can't be used (as far as I know).
woke oak 12. jan. 2015 kl. 8.01 
I have the game Ford Racing 3 on a disc, but don't have the box. Would it be possible for me to add the game to Steam? P.S. The games are downloadable on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/315600/
JeLomun 9. mai 2017 kl. 16.10 
I found old Baldur's Gate 2 game box that has in 4 CDs of 700MB... so u know how old and epic that was back then XD but there is no code at all :/
cSg|mc-Hotsauce 9. mai 2017 kl. 16.13 
Opprinnelig skrevet av JeLomun:
I found old Baldur's Gate 2 game box that has in 4 CDs of 700MB... so u know how old and epic that was back then XD but there is no code at all :/

nice necro.

it never included a steam key.

:qr:
Garet Jax 14. des. 2017 kl. 12.53 
I was able to activate my Half-Life 1 CD code into steam. If you haven't been around long enough to know the significance of that, Steam didn't exist when Half-Life came out. So I thought it was cool that they honored the CD key from a game before the existence of the service; however, Half-Life and Steam are owned/created by the one-in-the-same Valve corporation. Makes sense I guess.
Sist redigert av Garet Jax; 14. des. 2017 kl. 14.44
BoomBapRat 5. jan. 2018 kl. 14.48 
I have a copy of TerraNova in a jewel case, and I found it on steam, would it work if I insert the disc into my disc drive, cause I'm not sure if the TerraNova I have is Strike Force Centauri or not, but the box art is exactly the same behind the title

UPDATE: The TerraNova copy I have is Strike Force Centauri, but it still gets the question of whether or not it'll work
Sist redigert av BoomBapRat; 5. jan. 2018 kl. 14.54
Forcen 5. jan. 2018 kl. 14.50 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Chase AC YT:
I have a copy of TerraNova in a jewel case, and I found it on steam, would it work if I insert the disc into my disc drive, cause I'm not sure if the TerraNova I have is Strike Force Centauri or not, but the box art is exactly the same behind the title
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601#which
BoomBapRat 5. jan. 2018 kl. 14.56 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Forcen:
Opprinnelig skrevet av Chase AC YT:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601#which
It's copyright 1996, forgot to mention that
 KARR™ 30. jan. 2020 kl. 4.31 
Opprinnelig skrevet av reBoot185:

some will be old enough to play on the website, others will need something like dosbox. hope it helps sorry for kicking old threads but i love abandonware

But that isn't Abandonware! That would be piracy. That game is published by
Nightdive Studios who probably wouldn't want you to download it from a random website, especially when they put it up on the Steam store for you to buy!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/368600/Terra_Nova_Strike_Force_Centauri/

< >
Viser 115 av 15 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 26. feb. 2013 kl. 2.53