[GB] I.Rapid Feb 26, 2013 @ 2:53am
Can Old Game Discs Be Activated On My Account?
Hey Guys,

I was recently clearing out my room when I found a few old games I have such as Crysis, and Pirates Of The Burning Sea.
These are the disc copies, which I purchased and played WAY before they appeared on steam. If I went to play these now would I be able to activate them on steam, or would it be best if I just throw them away?
I'm a bit confused how it works, because if you got them from the shop now, you'd have to activate them on steam, right?

Many thanks....
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
☯ Zeroxia Feb 26, 2013 @ 3:08am 
I hope you still have the box it comes with. Mostly there is a code at the back of it or inside of it. You can see a Steam logo next to it. If there is one then you can try to activate it. Even if the Steam logo isn't there then it is worth a try.

Only games that are on Steam can be activated. If you don't have a key then you can't activate it. You are only able to install it on your pc and just add it as non-steam game. But you dont own it on Steam then.
[GB] I.Rapid Feb 26, 2013 @ 3:17am 
Alright. Thanks for the link. I have the boxes, and the CD keys still, but none of my games are listed on that page. I'll just throw them away.
Last edited by [GB] I.Rapid; Feb 26, 2013 @ 5:29am
.. why not... keep them and install and play them..? If you were going to throw them away, why would you even bother to try to add them to Steam?
Spawn of Totoro Feb 26, 2013 @ 6:28am 
Originally posted by GB I.Rapid:
Alright. Thanks for the link. I have the boxes, and the CD keys still, but none of my games are listed on that page. I'll just throw them away.

If they are EA gams, you can try and add them to Origin.
Firask Feb 27, 2013 @ 1:10pm 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
If they are EA gams, you can try and add them to Origin.

If it's too old for steam to accept, then Origin won't accept either (tried myeslf)
Spawn of Totoro Feb 27, 2013 @ 1:12pm 
Originally posted by Firask:
If it's too old for steam to accept, then Origin won't accept either (tried myeslf)

Worth a try though. You never know and Origin doesn't have a list of game it can/can't be used (as far as I know).
ocass66 Jan 12, 2015 @ 8:01am 
I have the game Ford Racing 3 on a disc, but don't have the box. Would it be possible for me to add the game to Steam? P.S. The games are downloadable on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/315600/
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 26, 2013 @ 2:53am