Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Help and Tips > Dettagli della discussione
Questa discussione è stata chiusa
Steam Credit Card Authorizations
Verify A Credit Card
We have made two small authorizations on the new payment method:
(Authorizations may appear as "Steampowered.com" or "Steam Powered Games.")

Enter the exact amounts of both authorizations:
(Contact your financial institution or access your account online to view the pending authorizations.)

I am very confused by this because i recently put $10.00 onto my steam account, via a Prepaid Visa Gift Card. Any help would be much appreciated, if i am doing anything wrong here please don't hate i am only new to this system.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 56
If you use a new payment type or from a new computer, there is a 7 day wait on making transactions in the market.

To get around this, they introduced a verification system for cards, where you can choose that they make 2 small authorisations on the card, you tell Valve the amounts - which proves that the card is yours and you can see the account - and then you can use the market immediately.

The authorisations 'drop off' in a few days and the funds are back as available in your account.

It's optional, you don't have to do it. In your case, to do it, you would need to be able to see an online live 'balance' of the account to see what they were taking.
Messaggio originale di ᴷᴬᴿᴿ:
If you use a new payment type or from a new computer, there is a 7 day wait on making transactions in the market.

To get around this, they introduced a verification system for cards, where you can choose that they make 2 small authorisations on the card, you tell Valve the amounts - which proves that the card is yours and you can see the account - and then you can use the market immediately.

The authorisations 'drop off' in a few days and the funds are back as available in your account.

It's optional, you don't have to do it. In your case, to do it, you would need to be able to see an online live 'balance' of the account to see what they were taking.

Well seeing as i have a Visa Prepaid Gift Card, i can't do this, can I? Unless there is something i am missing out on, i am quite unsure.
Messaggio originale di Muzzah.:
Messaggio originale di ᴷᴬᴿᴿ:

Well seeing as i have a Visa Prepaid Gift Card, i can't do this, can I? Unless there is something i am missing out on, i am quite unsure.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM BRUH

OMG:csgoanarchist:
I dont understand
Ultima modifica da peepo; 3 set 2014, ore 12:19

Messaggio originale di EpicLegendsHD:
I dont understand

Yeah i understand but i think if you use a Visa (or any other) Prepaid card then you have to wait 7 days, sucks but my days are nearly over.
how do we know that two authorization amounts ? we need to call bank or what ? any1 help :(
Messaggio originale di L o r d:
how do we know that two authorization amounts ? we need to call bank or what ? any1 help :(
Yes call your bank. Or.. if you have an account with your bank (or credit card's) website, then you can log in there and see the transactions.

If you live in a country that does not use the US Dollar, you definitely need to call on the phone though. Because you need to know the exact US Dollar amount Valve charged.
Messaggio originale di Hanomaly:
Yes call your bank. Or.. if you have an account with your bank (or credit card's) website, then you can log in there and see the transactions.

If you live in a country that does not use the US Dollar, you definitely need to call on the phone though. Because you need to know the exact US Dollar amount Valve charged.

account with bank (or credit card's) website, did u mean like example : PayPal ?
I have no clue, this happened to me, have you got anywhere?

i haevnt received the amount that they have supposedly put on to my card. i cant see it. how am i meant to authorize it?
Messaggio originale di Benadict Crumplesnatch™:
i haevnt received the amount that they have supposedly put on to my card. i cant see it. how am i meant to authorize it?
1. Call your bank or credit card company on the telephone.

2. Give them whatever information you need to give them to prove you are really "Real life Benadict Crumplesnatch, and that is really your credit card/bank card".

3. Now tell them Valve/Steam/SteamPowered has made two small charges on your card that are likely less than $2. Then ask them to tell you what these two small charges are.

4. Assure them (if you must) that yes-yes, you realise these are "pending" charges, and yes you are aware your credit card company/bank cannot be positive about what the "final charges" will be until they stop being pending. Assure your bank (or credit card company) that this is "totally fine", and that knowing what the pending charges are is all that is required.

5. Since you live in the UK (according to your Steam profile), you may need to ask your bank/credit card company to please tell you those pending charges in US Dollars. You would like the charges in the original US Dollar amount Valve/Steam/SteamPowered charged, and also in whatever currency you're using.

6. Just to be safe, write these two amounts down separately on a piece of paper. Line one, charges in US Dollar. Line two, charges in British Pound/Euro, or whatever.

7. Last, go to the credit card verification page on Steam, click the link and enter the two amounts of money your bank (or credit card company) told you on the phone.

Voila, you're verified.
Ultima modifica da Hanomaly; 2 dic 2014, ore 8:43
Messaggio originale di Benadict Crumplesnatch™:
1. Call your bank or credit card company on the telephone.

2. Give them whatever information you need to give them to prove you are really "Real life Benadict Crumplesnatch, and that is really your credit card/bank card".

3. Now tell them Valve/Steam/SteamPowered has made two small charges on your card that are likely less than $2. Then ask them to tell you what these two small charges are.

4. Assure them (if you must) that yes-yes, you realise these are "pending" charges, and yes you are aware your credit card company/bank cannot be positive about what the "final charges" will be until they stop being pending. Assure your bank (or credit card company) that this is "totally fine", and that knowing what the pending charges are is all that is required.

5. Since you live in the UK (according to your Steam profile), you may need to ask your bank/credit card company to please tell you those pending charges in US Dollars. You would like the charges in the original US Dollar amount Valve/Steam/SteamPowered charged, and also in whatever currency you're using.

6. Just to be safe, write these two amounts down separately on a piece of paper. Line one, charges in US Dollar. Line two, charges in British Pound/Euro, or whatever.

7. Last, go to the credit card verification page on Steam, click the link and enter the two amounts of money your bank (or credit card company) told you on the phone.

Voila, you're verified.
Um, I logged into Wells Fargo and check the transactions, and it says the money went through. I have the money in my account but the page says I need to wait 5 days. I click verify it says the bank declined it. So i don't get it, I have the money in the account but they still need to verify it?
This is total bull crap I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

and i see 0 steam actions on my bank account besides the one i did ....

I have a ban till the 1/8

it sucks ://

where can i contact a support worker to work another way ?
fafasfasfassa
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 56
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Help and Tips > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 29 ago 2014, ore 18:21