Dette emnet er blitt låst
Regime 16. sep. 2013 kl. 9.12
More Screenshot Space?
Has there been any news regarding plans for Valve to expand the amount of storage space we get for screenshots?

I just love taking them but I'm nearing half-capacity. (Perhaps more storage space could be added as you level up your Steam account?)
< >
Viser 110 av 10 kommentarer
Persephone Sapphora 16. sep. 2013 kl. 9.24 
Valve has already once before increased storage size. I'd recommend scouring your screen captures for ones you may not like. I understand some people taking oodles of screen shots but a compromise has to be made. Alternatively you can turn on the "High Res Screen Shot" option and have steam save all your screenshots to HDD and upload only the ones you want to show off.

I'm certainly not against people getting more space though.. maybe through a paid service but I don't think Valve wants to directly monetize Steam itself. Maybe we will get more space in the future.. just time will tell.
 KARR™ 16. sep. 2013 kl. 9.31 
To be honest, you've got a LOT of Garry's Mod screenshots that, unless you are using them in guides aren't really of what i would call "keepers". They've got 1 unique visitor and they seem more of an "instruction manual" than screenshots. Either 'press C to go to 3rd person mode' or 'click this, it's under menu'.

Not sure who Justin is, but you do seem to like taking screenshots involving them...!

But if you're only half way through, there's always a chance they'll increase it again.
Sist redigert av  KARR™; 16. sep. 2013 kl. 9.32
I hear you can request for more screenshot space from support. They will approve at their discretion. Of course I haven't asked yet, because I only upload the screenshots I deem worthy of viewing, still plenty of space left. If Valve doesn't give a flat screenshot capacity increase in like a year and a half, I may test the request out and see if it works.

It kinda irks me that some people upload like 100 screenshots of the same thing, or thousands of screenshots of just scoreboards..

I also recommend purging your screen shot selection once in awhile.
Sist redigert av Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 16. sep. 2013 kl. 9.35
Discussions_Acc 16. sep. 2013 kl. 11.20 
I bet 95% of your screenshots are trash. That's how it always is when someone asks for more space.
Regime 16. sep. 2013 kl. 20.17 
Opprinnelig skrevet av KARR:
To be honest, you've got a LOT of Garry's Mod screenshots that, unless you are using them in guides aren't really of what i would call "keepers". They've got 1 unique visitor and they seem more of an "instruction manual" than screenshots. Either 'press C to go to 3rd person mode' or 'click this, it's under menu'.

Not sure who Justin is, but you do seem to like taking screenshots involving them...!

I have quite a poor memory so the screenshots are partly a way for me to re-learn the game after a long hiatus of gaming (I usually play a lot and then stop gaming for a long time).

Opprinnelig skrevet av Discussions_Acc:
I bet 95% of your screenshots are trash. That's how it always is when someone asks for more space.

Probably.

Thing is though, the Steam account leveling thing that has been introduced in late July / early August has been used to increase friend list capacity, unlock certain profile options.

It would be a great idea for increased screenshot capacity as well. Every level, for example, you could get 500MB (or if that's a bit too generous, then 100MB).
 KARR™ 17. sep. 2013 kl. 5.20 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Regime:

I have quite a poor memory so the screenshots are partly a way for me to re-learn the game after a long hiatus of gaming (I usually play a lot and then stop gaming for a long time).

Ahh that makes sence, there are a lot that (as i said) seemed instructional rather than "woo cool screenshot!!" style.

It MAY be easier for you in that case to keep them offline. After you close the game, Steam will prompt you to upload screenshots, but they are also kept on your pc. If you right click the client icon the bottom right corner of the client and choose "Screenshots" you can see the ones that are on your PC and the ones that are uploaded on Steam. (They have a little 'cloud' icon next to them).

It may be easier for you to just not upload them, (unless they are ones that you want others to see) and just refer back to them on your own computer. It'd be faster to open them as well.

The only downside to that.. you can't actually put a title on them, so ones like "press c to go to 3rd person" wouldn't work for that. But others might!
ZeroZeroOne 29. apr. 2014 kl. 19.02 
Weird. I try to take screenshots in every game I play. Yesterday, I had about 980 megs left of storage. Today, I'm back to 2 gigs. I noticed in the "Steam Screenshot Uploader", I only have past 3 games worth of screenshots. But online in my steam account, all my screenshots from the past 2 years are still there.
Opprinnelig skrevet av ZeroZeroOne:
Weird. I try to take screenshots in every game I play. Yesterday, I had about 980 megs left of storage. Today, I'm back to 2 gigs. I noticed in the "Steam Screenshot Uploader", I only have past 3 games worth of screenshots. But online in my steam account, all my screenshots from the past 2 years are still there.

The capacity thing takes awhile to sync.

Also pls gib more space, I'm at almost 500 games with an average of 13 screenshots per game, and I only have like 350 megs left :player:
Sist redigert av Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 29. apr. 2014 kl. 19.18
NovaAteBatman 30. apr. 2014 kl. 0.59 
As a user that doesn't care much about lvling my profile, I'd rather just pay Steam to increase my screenshot capacity instead of having to go through the work of lvling my profile to get more space.
Regime 30. apr. 2014 kl. 5.32 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Jada:
As a user that doesn't care much about lvling my profile, I'd rather just pay Steam to increase my screenshot capacity instead of having to go through the work of lvling my profile to get more space.

I personally think that it makes sense to increase your screenshot capacity (much like the friend list capacity, profile showcase capacity, ...) to scale alongside your level.
Sist redigert av Regime; 30. apr. 2014 kl. 5.32
< >
Viser 110 av 10 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 16. sep. 2013 kl. 9.12