Ami, Daughter of Arke Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:33am
Non-Steam Games.
Okay. I know Non-Steam games aren't supported and I can understand why but I've had something rather interesting happen to everythinjg non-Steam that I've added to my Steam library. To put it simply, no sound on anything. I've added GW2 to Steam, no sound on GW2. I've added DCUO to Steam, no sound on that either. Swtor also has no sound and neither does iTunes. I've tried reinstalling one of the games as well as reinstalling Steam but the issue persists. Anyone got any ideas?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
TirithRR Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:36am 
If you don't add it as a non Steam game does the sound work?
Ami, Daughter of Arke Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:42am 
Well Skype works and I never added that. On the other hand, I've just tried looking in the driver's audio manager and the test button doesn't work either.
TirithRR Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:44am 
That didn't answer the question.
Ami, Daughter of Arke Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:45am 
Well that's the thing. Since I reinstalled Steam, I haven't readded them.
LowJack_VA1 Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:46am 
I have alomst 50 non-Steam games added to the Steam games library and everything works fine for me.
POWERSL1DE Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:47am 
TirithRR Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:50am 
So it's not adding the game to Steam that made the sound not work, because the games do not have sound even if not added to Steam.

I would reinstall the latest sound drivers if you haven't already. And check out what device your game is currently set to play audio through. You didn't say which OS you were using, but I assume 7 or 8/8.1.
Ami, Daughter of Arke Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:52am 
Yeah it's 8.1. I've just done as much as I can to analyse the problem. Steam games run through my desktop speakers fine as does Skype but everything else has to run through my television speakers, which runs off different drivers. I'll try reinstalling drivers and see if that helps.
Ami, Daughter of Arke Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:58am 
Okay. Problem fixed. It was a simpler problem than I thought. Just confusing because Steam and Skype still worked.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:33am