hektikfrog 5. apr. 2014 kl. 2.29
Question about Steam Guard
Hey, I got a question about Steam Guard and ssfn file.
Im about to login on a new PC in some hours, and I would like to know if I can avoid the 7 day trade ban by moving the ssfn file from current PC to the new PC, since Im an active trader, to erm... bypass the Steam Guard.

Has anyone tried this? Did it work?
< >
Viser 17 av 7 kommentarer
Seven7 5. apr. 2014 kl. 2.44 
No - ssfn generated for one PC witn Machine ID based on Motherboard, CPU, Video, MAC-address, HDD | Partition ID
Sist redigert av Seven7; 5. apr. 2014 kl. 2.47
hektikfrog 5. apr. 2014 kl. 2.55 
Oh, thanks for the reply.
Guess i'll keep doing trades on phone for a week.
But how did those phishers a few weeks ago did it? Like.. they were giving you a fake steam site, asking you to upload ssfn file...

Looked like this: http://i.imgur.com/BbNfVFI.png

Did Steam change the way ssfn files work after phishers invasion?
Sist redigert av hektikfrog; 5. apr. 2014 kl. 2.57
Seven7 5. apr. 2014 kl. 3.09 
Opprinnelig skrevet av happyfrog:
But how did those phishers a few weeks ago did it?
Like.. they were giving you a fake steam site, asking you to upload ssfn file...
Looked like this: http://i.imgur.com/BbNfVFI.png
Did Steam change the way ssfn files work after phishers invasion?

May be compromised algorithm | created emulator... I'm Designer and Translator, Not Hacker :)
I hope, they make next upgrade Steam Guard in nearest months

Nenya^Girl 5. apr. 2014 kl. 3.16 
Hey ive been so stupid to fall for that Phising on my account, I wrote a ticket to steam support about information on my account such as creditcard informations that are attach to the account plus my original profile Photo and cd key for a game, I am wondering if anybody could tell me if they experiensed this same thing as I did or know anybody who had their account hijacked ?
and if you know how long it takes for steam support to reply on a ticket ?
I called the bank and closed my creditcard so those who use my account cant buy presents on it.

I had a guy on my friendlist there for a while and he told me to go to a website and upload ssfn file because his girl friend want to trade with me and couldnt add me... :( I feel stupid and ive learned my lesson, please somebody replay I need someone to tell me that I am able to get my account back, if not in one piece but atleast my original account, I dont care about those items I lost in my inventory for the dota 2 but I care about my friendlist and my games fortunately I only purchased 1 game

I will apreciate any fast reply with info about my questions

with Best regards Nenya
hektikfrog 5. apr. 2014 kl. 3.24 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Nenya:
I will apreciate any fast reply with info about my questions

with Best regards Nenya

it will take days, or maybe up to 2 weeks for steam support to reply
but if u got all the info u need to prove that account is yours, i think you'll get it back
also, i dont think the phishers are able to use your credit card, i dont think they have the info
Nenya^Girl 5. apr. 2014 kl. 3.37 
well ive been stupid enough to set it to remember the info on the creditcard so they just need to authorize it by clicking ok accept or whatever :( but thank you very much for fast reply
Nenya^Girl 5. apr. 2014 kl. 4.19 
oooh maaan this really sucks :( feel so lousy bad and stupid
< >
Viser 17 av 7 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 5. apr. 2014 kl. 2.29