Cutterslade Mar 11 @ 3:07pm
Bigpond unmetered content server and steam limiter.
I use steam-limiter and have steam set to download between 1:00am and 7:00am, I'm up a little early this morning and noticed that none of my updates have downloaded and steam is just cycling through the queue list, but not downloading anything.

Is the telstra/bigpond steam content server down?

I have searched online but can find no way to check if Telstra/Bigponds unmetered steam server is working or not.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Silicon Vampire Mar 11 @ 3:33pm 
Yes, you should be looking locally first...
Cutterslade Mar 11 @ 3:41pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
Yes, you should be looking locally first...

So you're saying yes that the telstra/bigpond content server is down?

What do you mean by looking locally first?

If you by locally you mean a forum in my region, I have posted on Whirlpool for information on this also. If by locally you mean look at my PC, well I have run a restart and the problem persists.

Your response is not very clear, and if you have a link to information I need such as a service status page for telstra/bigponds steam content server, you have done better then me. I searched for hours and could find no such information.... hence my reasoning for expanding my post onto the steam forums as they seemed like the next logical step, for the information I seek.
Last edited by Cutterslade; Mar 11 @ 3:42pm
Silicon Vampire Mar 11 @ 3:51pm 
It means exactly what it says. Look locally first, then expand to find the problem. don't start at the other end of the connection.
Cutterslade Mar 11 @ 3:59pm 
It means exactly what it says. Look locally first, then expand to find the problem. don't start at the other end of the connection.

If you read my response to your comment you will see I have looked locally and your earlier response is very vague on it's information. If you say yes the telstra/bigpond content servers are down then you should provide a link or information as to how you came to find this out.

Validate your response.

I assure you the problem is not on my computer, my laptop is having the same issue.

So the problem is telstra/bigpond steam content server is down, has changed IP address or is with steam-limiter itself.

I can download fine if I disable steam-limiter, but that is pointless as I use steam-limiter to make sure my downloads come through the telstra/bigpond unmetered server so I don't get charged for the data used when updating or downloading new games.
Last edited by Cutterslade; Mar 11 @ 4:06pm
Silicon Vampire Mar 11 @ 4:08pm 
I'm not trying to validate anything. All I said was common troubleshooting. Start local... work your way out.

I have NO idea why you can not download but I suspect your original hypothesis is correct. You'll have to check with them for answers.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Mar 11 @ 4:08pm
Cutterslade Mar 11 @ 4:10pm 
I'm not trying to validate anything. All I said was common troubleshooting. Start local... work your way out.

I have NO idea why you can not download but I suspect your original hypothesis is correct.

I'm asking if the telstra/bigpond content server is down, if you have no information on this, then stop being a time wasting troll. Looking at your responses to other users on this forum... you seem to think of yourself very highly, even though you very rarely provide any useful information.
Last edited by Cutterslade; Mar 11 @ 4:13pm
Spawn of Totoro Mar 11 @ 4:25pm 
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

See for yourself.

He is saying you need to start looking at your computer before blaming the content servers. If it was the content servers, then there would be more people then one posting with the same issue.

As you can't keep the name calling out of a discussion, I'll just lock this.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 11 @ 3:07pm