Question about operating systems on steam.
I am not too computer savvy as of late as i switched to gaming consoles awhile back. i wanted to get my game collection on steam instead of consoles. This involves buying much older games with that require other operating systems such as windows 5, 2000, or xp. the only thing i found about whether or not these games would run on my computer that uses Windows 7 is not to run them in compatibility mode through steam,this doesn't really seem to make sense to me.

So i guess in short saying i want to buy some of the old classic original Xbox and PlayStation games that use for example Windows 2000 (but do not have Windows 7 listed for a potential OS) will they run on windows 7 if they require Windows 2000? (or is there some fix for this that can be done through steam?)

Oh, and for that matter if some say i get an even better computer, will my games that use Windows 7 even be playable anymore if some day i am using the brand new to-be invented version of Windows in the future?
Senast ändrad av BrutalGlory; 25 mar, 2014 @ 2:44
< >
Visar 1-2 av 2 kommentarer
Unless specificly stated in steam requirements all older games that use Windows run fine with Windows 7.
As for future who knows, most likely it will still be backwards compatible.
Senast ändrad av Rumpelcrutchskin; 25 mar, 2014 @ 5:06
BrutalGlory 25 mar, 2014 @ 9:39 
Thank you :)
< >
Visar 1-2 av 2 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Datum skrivet: 25 mar, 2014 @ 2:41