Chowder7116[ In Texas ] Feb 5, 2013 @ 8:36pm
How do I disable steam browser in game?
Its personal,please dont ask. I want to be able to disable the browser feature,but still keep the Overlay. Anyway to do this?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
tmwfte Feb 5, 2013 @ 8:40pm 
You don't. It's basically all or nothing.
Chowder7116[ In Texas ] Feb 5, 2013 @ 8:40pm 
Man. That sucks
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 5, 2013 @ 11:24pm 
Originally posted by ☕Dingo☕ ©:
Man. That sucks

Out of curiousity, what's the problem with the in-game browser? Is it causing problems with games?

(I'll give you the fact that it's old, slow, and sorely in need of an update. lol)
Chowder7116[ In Texas ] Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:
Man. That sucks

Out of curiousity, what's the problem with the in-game browser? Is it causing problems with games?

(I'll give you the fact that it's old, slow, and sorely in need of an update. lol)
For the reasones you stated :D
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:29am 
Don't click on the browser button :\ Surely that is much easier and less time consuming then for Valve to develop a way to customize the items available in overlay.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:33am 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:

For the reasones you stated :D

Fair enough. Thanks for providing your reasons. :)
Defendor Mar 21 @ 3:09pm 
A friend of mine often posts links when we chat, when I'm in a game. I would want the link to open a new tab in my STANDARD Chrome browser when I click it, instead of opening in some ♥♥♥♥ty browser inside Steam.

Is there still no way to modify or change a setting so that when you click a link, it will open in your original browser instead? Many other programs can do this just fine, so I don't really se why it would be such a big problem for Steam.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50