Satoru Feb 7 @ 7:37pm
"Recently Updated" section
So what do people think about the new "Recently Updated" section on teh Steam store.

Though not a direct correlative, though being profiled in this part of the store page may at least have a semi-side effect of having devs post update/patch notes on their Announcements so they get some more click-throughs
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Landeros Feb 7 @ 7:44pm 
As Bill and Ted would say, excellent! It's a smart way to group current game information and advertisement in a neat little package.
Kablam0 Feb 7 @ 8:29pm 
I like it and have already found it useful. Games that are supported and have updates get my attention. Added two of them to my wishlist.
Last edited by Kablam0; Feb 10 @ 9:39am
Saintanik Feb 8 @ 2:29am 
When I first saw it, I thought it would be a good way to catch games that had otherwise slipped under my radar.. then I started actually clicking some of the links, and realised they included the dreaded 'early access' games in there too.. and given that by their nature, they're more likely to receive updates than 'released' games, this feature has now become yet another annoying section I have to scroll past to view the 'recently released' section.

If you could disable 'early access' games from the update feed, I think it would be a much more useful tool.
Dreakon Feb 8 @ 6:54am 
Originally posted by Saintanik:
this feature has now become yet another annoying section I have to scroll past to view the 'recently released' section
http://www.lilomaternity.com/blog/images/baby-crying.jpg
Daweathermon Feb 8 @ 6:55am 
I like it
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 8 @ 8:16am 
Originally posted by Satoru:
So what do people think about the new "Recently Updated" section on teh Steam store.

Though not a direct correlative, though being profiled in this part of the store page may at least have a semi-side effect of having devs post update/patch notes on their Announcements so they get some more click-throughs

The idea is interesting. The placement sucks. Now I have to scroll through more crap on the already bloated homepage.
Lemontang Feb 10 @ 6:20am 
I have to agree the placement sucks. It's seems to be more clutter placed in an area that's better suited to new releases and featured games. At the very least this would be better off delgated down between the Greenlight games and demos highlighted at the bottom. Better still give us the option to place the highlighted areas where we want, or the option to turn parts off from the homepage.
Satoru Feb 10 @ 7:34am 
Since it's primarly an addtional advertising tool, putting it below the fold would be problematic in that then devs aren't going to bother spending their small amount of advertising money to be featured in a section nthat no one is going to see.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 10 @ 7:58am 
Originally posted by Satoru:
Since it's primarly an addtional advertising tool, putting it below the fold would be problematic in that then devs aren't going to bother spending their small amount of advertising money to be featured in a section nthat no one is going to see.

The "Recently Updated" box is bigger than "Featured PC Games" box. That seems off. It also seems a waste to include a one line summary of the update on the homepage.

EDIT: I just remembered that the Features Games Box was originally two rows so we lost a row of games for a row of updates.
Last edited by [dirrty]gsharp; Feb 10 @ 8:04am
Satoru Feb 10 @ 9:10am 
I suppose without the flavor text it looks too much like the Featured Games section
bumzua Bua Feb 10 @ 9:14am 
the section would fit perfectly left or right of the steam shop.i dont use a 4:3 screen any more -.-

Kablam0 Feb 10 @ 9:30am 
Originally posted by cbrbertl:
the section would fit perfectly left or right of the steam shop.i dont use a 4:3 screen any more -.-

There is certainly a lot of wasted real estate on the storepage that's for sure. (Not just the storepage obviously).
Last edited by Kablam0; Feb 10 @ 9:31am
Marbaus Feb 10 @ 10:17am 
I think that it is a great idea, especially with the 'Early Access' games being sold on the market for full price.

Though I would like to see a seperate section just for unfinished products(like Early Access and Preorder Product), so a fine line can be drawn in the market place rather than being all grouped together. That is just a personal preference.
Jawaka Feb 10 @ 11:34am 
I like the idea, I just don't care for where they put it.
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 7 @ 7:37pm