[CZ] Peter Danes Mar 13 @ 2:03pm
[SOLVED] Steam doesn't let me play my new game
I bought LA Noire, but the transaction has failed, still my money has gone and my game is in the list and when I want to install, it says it hasn't been payed. I feel a little frustrated right now... Any ideas?
Last edited by [CZ] Peter Danes; Mar 13 @ 3:11pm
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Titan Mar 13 @ 2:05pm 
It could be due to the internet problems Steam are having at the moment.
Keep calms, they are doing everything they can.
Vaemer-Riit Mar 13 @ 2:14pm 
If the transaction failed then your money is still being held by your bank and will be returned to your account after a few days.
Johnny Rando Mar 13 @ 2:15pm 
same issue here with street fighter iv, probably because of summer sales and internet problems mentioned by titan
Hextravert Mar 13 @ 2:15pm 
Originally posted by CZ Peter Danes:
I bought LA Noire, but the transaction has failed, still my money has gone and my game is in the list and when I want to install, it says it hasn't been payed. I feel a little frustrated right now... Any ideas?
When a transaction fails, the money returns whence it came (after 2 to 4 days have passed).
[CZ] Peter Danes Mar 13 @ 2:15pm 
Yeah I guess. Well I would prefer the game instead of those 9 euros for a change. :D :D
CmIkKe Mar 13 @ 2:16pm 
I have problems whith cs 1.6
[CZ] Peter Danes Mar 13 @ 2:26pm 
Too bad, I want that game with the discount only, I hope they fix it before the saleout ends, otherwise I do not want it. I wouldn't bought it for the full price.
Shagar Mar 13 @ 2:27pm 
You miss his point, the game he bought is on his library list. Meaning it was purchased but for some reason the account has not registered the payment has been made. I am having the same problems. I tried to restart the purchase but Steam itself under the game you select to purchase will state you own it already. Trying to install says that the payment has not gone through and to wait till you are contacted stating that it has. The account you make the payment with will reflect the payment as well.
Johnny Rando Mar 13 @ 2:37pm 
Originally posted by Shagar:
You miss his point, the game he bought is on his library list. Meaning it was purchased but for some reason the account has not registered the payment has been made. I am having the same problems. I tried to restart the purchase but Steam itself under the game you select to purchase will state you own it already. Trying to install says that the payment has not gone through and to wait till you are contacted stating that it has. The account you make the payment with will reflect the payment as well.

This is my exact situation
Shagar Mar 13 @ 2:39pm 
I'm pretty sure what caused the blackout is still causing problems with the billing. What we are doing is sending requests to them that they are able to charge the cards but unable to send the return permissions to access the game. I suggest giving it a couple hours and keep an eye on customer support desk for change in moral (when it comes up)
Shagar Mar 13 @ 2:49pm 
I have submitted a ticket, I'll leave a response and what was done to fix it.
Forever Limon Mar 13 @ 2:50pm 
JAVX_MAGNETICS Mar 13 @ 2:50pm 
for the badge lol
[CZ] Peter Danes Mar 13 @ 2:54pm 
Originally posted by Shagar:
I have submitted a ticket, I'll leave a response and what was done to fix it.

Don't forget to put the response here :))))
Shagar Mar 13 @ 3:01pm 
If you have the chance from time to time go to your library section and just try installing. It just worked for me so I'm closing my ticket and not waiting for response.

--EDIT--
Also keep an eye on your selected email for a lookout of purchase confirmation. That will be a dead giveaway
Last edited by Shagar; Mar 13 @ 3:04pm
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 13 @ 2:03pm