Kier Mar 13 @ 10:59am
Old Games
Can you add any old games you have on steam, so you own them via steam?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
TeKraken Mar 13 @ 11:03am 
There is a list of games here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

It is not complete though, could do with an update.

For anything else you can add it as a short cut.
Solanum nigrum Mar 13 @ 11:07am 
You mean games that have been using Steam? Than they are allready bound to your Profile.
Games that you bought via Steam are allways bound to your Profile.
If the old game is from Valve, you can try enter the CD-Key in Steam and it might activate it under Steam.

If you got an old game that is now avaiable through Steam, but you bought it as an Stand-Alone, you can only ask the Suport of the Game-Developer for an Steam-Key (it most likely won't work)

If the Game is not connected to Steam in any way - You can't add it.
Kier Mar 13 @ 3:38pm 
Originally posted by Schizo666:
You mean games that have been using Steam? Than they are allready bound to your Profile.
Games that you bought via Steam are allways bound to your Profile.
If the old game is from Valve, you can try enter the CD-Key in Steam and it might activate it under Steam.

If you got an old game that is now avaiable through Steam, but you bought it as an Stand-Alone, you can only ask the Suport of the Game-Developer for an Steam-Key (it most likely won't work)

If the Game is not connected to Steam in any way - You can't add it.
Thank you, i guess ill just have to hold on to the cd:)
thanatos_sage Jun 20 @ 12:42am 
oh wow i didnt know this actually thanks going to see if i get lucky with one since i lost the cd somewhere but i still have the box which is odd but yeah
FunDum™ Jun 20 @ 12:43am 
Kargor Jun 20 @ 12:50am 
Originally posted by thanatos_sage:
oh wow i didnt know this actually thanks going to see if i get lucky with one since i lost the cd somewhere but i still have the box which is odd but yeah

Don't get your hopes up, there's usually little reason for publishers to transfer old copies to Steam.
1zajeb Jun 20 @ 12:50am 
Free.Man Jun 20 @ 12:52am 
Solanum nigrum Jun 20 @ 1:46am 
Well, I had about 8 Games that worked by entering the CD-Key.
An obvious example was the "Half-Life - Generation" Box, but an unexpectet win was "Unmechanical" (or something like that) that was avaiable through Steam later than the Single CD-Version.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 13 @ 10:59am