jackson921191 Mar 5 @ 12:16pm
Resloution vs Graphics settings
To increase frame rates would you rather decrease Resolution from 1080p to 1400p or reduce Graphics setting, like texture quality and AA, but keep HD resoultion?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
MKVLI (Banned) Mar 5 @ 12:37pm 
I would keep the resolution high and adjust the other settings until things look good without too much of a performance hit.
rad87gn Mar 5 @ 12:44pm 
I like to lower resolution and keep the graphics settings cranked up if I had no choice.
Kablam0 Mar 5 @ 1:10pm 
Originally posted by rad87gn:
I like to lower resolution and keep the graphics settings cranked up if I had no choice.

Same here.

Pixel count (for myself) takes a backseat to the potential loss of v-sync, shaders, anti-aliasing, etc. Fortunately I do not have to make such compromises anymore, but when I had to in the past, resolution was always the first to be lowered.

Games can still look sweet at 1366x768 or 1600x900, provided that any tearing and jaggies have been addressed via the graphics settings. Of course the lower the resolution you play at, the more prevalent the stairstepping is. But in the past I was always able to find an acceptable compromise and balance.

(Graphical) beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Last edited by Kablam0; Mar 5 @ 1:48pm
Bad-Motha Mar 5 @ 1:31pm 
If u do not run at the native screen res, then the game will be blurred no matter what.

Better to run @ native screen res (the default resolution the screen has designed for) then turn down in-game settings to compensate for any FPS loss.

Depends on hardware + how the game runs @ native res.
Some games u might just have to choice but to turn the res down.

For example running GTAIV on a GTX 550 Ti on a 1080p screen. Not gonna work, but running @ 720p or so allows enough breathing room for the FPS.
[S-UK] keefy Mar 5 @ 5:19pm 
I keep resolution native and turn the graphics down. I only turn resolution down if really really struggling, but I have not had to do the latter since around 2009 with Bad Company 2 on a dual core.
Last edited by [S-UK] keefy; Mar 5 @ 5:19pm
HunterKiller Mar 6 @ 4:06am 
When a game is installing, I genreally let it choose the graphics setting but, I always look for screen res and set it to my monitor settings if, it has that reso included. After that, I tick with it a bit to see how it goes. May leave it or, change it, it all depends on the game and/or, how it's acting. If it seems to play alright then, I leave it as is.
UberFiend (Banned) Mar 6 @ 6:06am 
Originally posted by Syke:
I would keep the resolution high and adjust the other settings until things look good without too much of a performance hit.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 5 @ 12:16pm