Nomburgerz 2014 年 3 月 4 日 下午 2:17
Will i get hacked?
I was sent a message from someone who is now offline saying that his friend wanted to trade with me but for some reason he cant add me. So he gave me the link to his friends steam profile so i could add him.

This doesn't come to me as strange due to the fact i get added nearly daily for people asking to trade, little did i realize the link he gave me was a phishing link, it looked exactly like steam but their was a small character misspelled.

I clicked on it and everything seemed normal, it asks me to login. It made sense due to me recently clearing my in internet cache so i did but while i was logging in it said my password was incorrect and asked me to give my "ssfn" file in my steam folder. I thought it was odd but i thought it could be some new system that was put in.

After giving the website my ssfn file and re-entering my password i realized that i was being phished. I immanently changed my steam password. So is their anyway for me to get hacked by these people? All they have is my account name, ssfn file and my password which is now obsolete? Can they get into my account with just this ssfn, i dont even know what it is?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this question im unsure where to put it.
< >
正在显示第 1 - 10 条,共 10 条留言
Hextravert 2014 年 3 月 4 日 下午 2:43 
引用自 Nomburgerz
I was sent a message from someone who is now offline saying that his friend wanted to trade with me but for some reason he cant add me. So he gave me the link to his friends steam profile so i could add him.

This doesn't come to me as strange due to the fact i get added nearly daily for people asking to trade, little did i realize the link he gave me was a phishing link, it looked exactly like steam but their was a small character misspelled.

I clicked on it and everything seemed normal, it asks me to login. It made sense due to me recently clearing my in internet cache so i did but while i was logging in it said my password was incorrect and asked me to give my "ssfn" file in my steam folder. I thought it was odd but i thought it could be some new system that was put in.

After giving the website my ssfn file and re-entering my password i realized that i was being phished. I immanently changed my steam password. So is their anyway for me to get hacked by these people? All they have is my account name, ssfn file and my password which is now obsolete? Can they get into my account with just this ssfn, i dont even know what it is?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this question im unsure where to put it.
You will most likely get away from this unscathed. Rest assured that they can't access your account without your new password :D:.

Entering your username and password without thinking twice — out of sheer habit — is understandable. Bending over backwards, digging up some obscure file located in your Steam folder, and uploading it in quick succession (just to log in:twbuh:!) is unfathomably weird, and should have immediately set off deafening alarm bells:retreat:
'MURICA 2014 年 3 月 7 日 上午 5:56 
Happened the same to me, and Hextravert's response makes me feel relieved.
Ineffable Anathema 2014 年 3 月 7 日 上午 7:56 
Actually, check your inventory and such in addition to changing your passwords (and your email password) because from what I've read, the transfers they make to steal your items are instant once you offer up your information.
crunchyfrog 2014 年 3 月 7 日 上午 8:17 
Do as Shodan suggests - check EVERYTHING is in your account.

Then do a thorough malware and antivirus check. If you change your passwords etc BEFORE doing this, it will serve no purpose whatsoever.
Buddha 2014 年 3 月 8 日 上午 9:22 
You prob wont
bvguthrie 2014 年 3 月 8 日 上午 10:30 
Just to let you know why they wanted that ssfn file--giving it to them allows them to bypass Steam Guard.
Also, since no one else has mentioned it yet, NEVER log into a link someone sends you. There is no good reason to do this.
zino117 2014 年 4 月 17 日 下午 2:33 
引用自 Nomburgerz

how can i tell if this happen to me ?
zino117 2014 年 4 月 17 日 下午 2:41 
If you log into given links it can happen
what6 will they get my CC number ,info what ?? so sorry i remember forgetting my pass word a few time but done recall this part
._. 2014 年 4 月 17 日 下午 2:50 
change your password and dont do it again. Ive had many people send these requests i ignore them all..:melon::melon:
zino117 2014 年 4 月 17 日 下午 2:51 
ok ty
< >
正在显示第 1 - 10 条,共 10 条留言
每页显示数: 1530 50

发帖日期: 2014 年 3 月 4 日 下午 2:17
回复数: 10