Zhuravlev Feb 22 @ 4:01pm
No phone tech support and no email support no support what so ever
I bought renegade ops and unfortunatly I bought it too long ago to ask for a charge-back on my credit card. I wouldn't even consider it if steam had normal service like phone or email support. I go to get help and it sends me to a sega trouble shooting list after I jump through a lot of hoops. I have never seen such bad service as steam but the reason they have it is so they don't have to deal with costumers and because they kind of have a monopoly. Even when I buy a game from the gamestop app, the game regularly needs to be downloaded from steam. I guess origine and uplay are my only alternatives but those only apply to ubisoft and ea exclusively. Point is, if you didn't pay with credit card and your game doesn't work and you bought it from steam, you will NEVER get your money back.

renegade ops failure > black screen on startup > no game content > game will not start
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Zhuravlev Feb 22 @ 4:01pm 
Hoping if I complain enough on the steam forums, I just may get an email form steam but I highly doubt it.
DarkGaming Feb 22 @ 4:08pm 
send a ticket and dont spam the forums.
Zhuravlev Feb 22 @ 4:20pm 
How do I do that?
Satoru Feb 22 @ 4:39pm 
Refer to the developer for third party support issues
Black Blade Feb 22 @ 4:41pm 
here:
https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Note you will need to make a new account for it (as in support account) you do not login with your Steam account
2point4 Feb 22 @ 4:43pm 
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Renegade_Ops

It says there that uninstalling any software from Freemake may help. Otherwise you'll have to hope SEGA can offer something more because Steam support will just direct you there anyway.
ColdSun Feb 22 @ 5:31pm 
You'd honestly consider a charge back if you could?
You do realize they lock entire accounts because of that right?
2point4 Feb 22 @ 10:10pm 
Steam support is definitely terrible but this isn't on them. Developers and publishers traditionally provide support for their own games and this isn't a Valve game. Opening a ticket with Steam support is almost surely going to be a waste of time because they're just going to point you towards SEGA support.

If you can prove that you've worked with SEGA support and are unable to get the game working you may be able to get a refund from Steam but given that it sounds like a decent amount of time has passed since purchase Steam support may not give you that option.

Work with SEGA for now and see where it gets you.
Zhuravlev Feb 22 @ 11:25pm 
See the problem is I have not played games for a very long time. I just got back into playing games. So sense I just found out this game does not work, I would wish for at least steam credit that I could use on a different game but sense they have zero support that won't ever happen.
Zhuravlev Feb 22 @ 11:27pm 
I did the ticket thing that black blade showed me but all it does is sends me to a sega trouble shooting page. No email or phone so I can contact the people who directly took my money.
Black Blade Feb 22 @ 11:28pm 
Originally posted by Zhuravlev:
I did the ticket thing that black blade showed me but all it does is sends me to a sega trouble shooting page. No email or phone so I can contact the people who directly took my money.
Try then to go to Steam not to the game... then connect Steam

But as i do think the game work for outhers i think you need to connect sagga support to see if they can fix it first
Last edited by Black Blade; Feb 22 @ 11:29pm
Zhuravlev Feb 22 @ 11:37pm 
Ok, instead of going to renegade ops > game/dlc > crashes I went to payment failure which was more steam related. (that way at least I could send them a message even though it isn't payment failure at all. kinda is though in a way sense they still took payment for a game that won't run). I will let you all know what happens in the end.
Zukabazuka Feb 23 @ 12:41am 
Originally posted by Zhuravlev:
Ok, instead of going to renegade ops > game/dlc > crashes I went to payment failure which was more steam related. (that way at least I could send them a message even though it isn't payment failure at all. kinda is though in a way sense they still took payment for a game that won't run). I will let you all know what happens in the end.
Have you even tried to fix the problem you have? If you bought it long ago, chances of getting a refund is very low.
Zefar Feb 23 @ 12:56am 
Phone support wouldn't do much. Steam has just too many customers at this point and everyone that get problem would just call in but the lines would be massive.
Then we have this where people would demand to have Steam support give fixes for games they don't code. They have calls about VAC bans. Calls about just everything you could think of.

This ain't like a phone company that only focus on one thing and won't get questions about food. Steam covers a lot and phone support would be a nightmare.
Kargor Feb 23 @ 3:12am 
Originally posted by Zefar:
Steam ... phone support would be a nightmare.

And it would be far worse than what it is now. Since there's only so many support people, and phone calls need MUCH more time than online-tickets, pretty much everyone would only get "please hold the line...", or not even that (I have no idea how this stuff works -- if you have 10 lines and 1000 customers calling, do they all get the message?). People would have to do that forever, and most people don't have the time to hold the line for 24 hours a day until three months later they have arrived at the top of the queue... which is the day when the phone company takes down the system to install another line :-)

With the online stuff, you submit the description of your problem, and then you just wait. No line holding or anything required.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 22 @ 4:01pm