This topic has been locked
Help me please! My account robbed
Here's the full story:
So i went to this site (*REMOVED*) and a guy named *REMOVED* posted "【Have】2 keys
【Want】This
—————————————————————————————————
Dont add this account and dont write on the site. (this is spam bot)
Add my trade account for fast trade
http://_________________________________
—————————————————————————————————
░█▀▀░█▀█░█▀▀░▀█▀░░░░▀█▀░█▀█░█▀█░█▀▄░█▀▀░
░█▀░░█▀█░▀▀█░░█░░░░░░█░░█▀▄░█▀█░█░█░█▀▀░
░▀░░░▀░▀░▀▀▀░░▀░░░░░░▀░░▀░▀░▀░▀░▀▀░░▀▀▀░"
so i went to the site and added him. It asked for a file in the steam file, saying because it's new computer. So i gave it and a moment later, my steam logout and i cant login back. It said someone was using my account on another machine. So i shut down, restarted, and tried again. It worked, but only for 2 minutes. The same error popped up and 5 minutes later, i got access to my account. By then, i suspected my account was hacked so i looked in inventory and all my good items are gone. And all the people in my friend's list got this message:

"Dont add this account and dont write on the site. (this is spam bot)
Add my trade account for fast trade
http://_________________________________
Please help me. Only 1 rare and a gem, untradable items, and unc/com are left. Please. I just want my items back.
And this was a mail recieved from Steam before getting hacked:

Dear, ______,

We've received a request to access your Steam account from the Steam Client on
a new computer located at IP address: 147.188.178.168
Our records show this IP address is in BIRMINGHAM ENGLAND GB
The following code is only for logging into the Steam Client.
Do not enter this code into a web browser. If this email was generated as a result
of you entering your account name and password into a web site, that site may be
malicious, and we recommend that you change your password immediately.
Click here for more information:

Verify Login Location

To complete the login, enter the following special access code into the
authorization dialog in the Steam Client before trying to log in again:

5KTKY

If you did not attempt this action, please change your password immediately.
Thanks for helping us maintain the security of your account.
The Steam Support Team
https://support.steampowered.com


This notification has been sent to the email address associated with your Steam account.
For information on Valve's privacy policy, visit http://www.valvesoftware.com/privacy.htm.
This email message was auto-generated. Please do not respond.
VALVE © Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.

Please help me :( I just want what belong to me back... Now all my sets are worthless without the rares :(
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:57pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
WhereIsBusmin Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:21pm 
First, remove the links - you're advertising phishing sites. Even if you put warning signs up all around it, someone can and will still click it.

Second, you were phished. This is a very common scam. Those are fake sites that you enter your login info into allowing the phishers to access you account.

If you still cannot access your account, read this: Steam Support > Reclaiming a Hijacked Steam Account

Regarding lost items: Steam Support used to do a one-time return for items lost during an account hijacking (pending the results of an investigation). This used to be mentioned in the Steam Trading Policy, but it seems to have been updated and it no longer mentions this. I'm not certain whether or not they still return items in these cases. It should be noted that it seems to be increasingly common for Steam Support to deny such requests, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try. You'll have submit a ticket and ask them nicely.

You can contact Steam Support here. You will need to create a separate Steam Support account in order to submit a ticket.

Information: Steam Support > Steam Trading Policy

Additional reading for you: Steam Support > Account Security Recommendations
Last edited by WhereIsBusmin; Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:28pm
#TheRealMiracle Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:25pm 
I already submitted yesterday. U see steam's reply in my gmail right? im new to this stuff :(
bvguthrie Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:26pm 
TAKE OUT THE SCAM LINK NOW. SOMEONE MIGHT CLICK IT.
WhereIsBusmin Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:27pm 
Originally posted by Na'Vi Noob:
I already submitted yesterday. U see steam's reply in my gmail right? im new to this stuff :(

You will get an email when they respond. Steam Support typically sends an initial response within 3-10 business days, depending on their workload and the specific issue. It should be noted that they are currently dealing with a high ticket volume so there may be some delay.
TirithRR Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:27pm 
Notice the extra "e" at the end of the Steam Community. You got tricked...
Ninjabutter Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:30pm 
Apparently, a fool and his money really are soon parted. Protip: If "steamcommunity" isn't even spelled right in a URL, it's probably best not to go there and try to sign in.
#TheRealMiracle Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:32pm 
Originally posted by Ninjabutter:
Apparently, a fool and his money really are soon parted. Protip: If "steamcommunity" isn't even spelled right in a URL, it's probably best not to go there and try to sign in.
I dont know... >< didnt check... :(
TirithRR Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:33pm 
Go back in your post and click the "Edit" button, and remove those fake links, otherwise other people may click on them and be stolen from as well.
#TheRealMiracle Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:37pm 
Originally posted by TirithRR:
Go back in your post and click the "Edit" button, and remove those fake links, otherwise other people may click on them and be stolen from as well.
done... :( anything else i can do??
WhereIsBusmin Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:51pm 
Originally posted by Na'Vi Noob:
Originally posted by TirithRR:
Go back in your post and click the "Edit" button, and remove those fake links, otherwise other people may click on them and be stolen from as well.
done... :( anything else i can do??

Wait for a response from Steam Support. If you have access to your account, make sure you've changed your password and have deauthorized all other computers via your Steam Guard settings.
#TheRealMiracle Feb 21, 2014 @ 9:13pm 
Originally posted by WhereIsBusmin:
Originally posted by Na'Vi Noob:
done... :( anything else i can do??

Wait for a response from Steam Support. If you have access to your account, make sure you've changed your password and have deauthorized all other computers via your Steam Guard settings.
Thanks for ur help :)
#TheRealMiracle Feb 22, 2014 @ 1:00am 
Originally posted by Muppet among Puppets:
Originally posted by Na'Vi Noob:
We've received a request to access your Steam account from the Steam Client on
a new computer located at IP address: 147.188.178.168
Our records show this IP address is in BIRMINGHAM ENGLAND GB
The following code is only for logging into the Steam Client.
Do not enter this code into a web browser. If this email was generated as a result
of you entering your account name and password into a web site, that site may be
malicious, and we recommend that you change your password immediately.
It was all there. Read. Dont hide behind "i am new to this".
Malicious people wait for this habbit.

In the internet, only do what you know about.
Dont do it "fast".
i saw the mail only after my account was robbed :(
TirithRR Feb 22, 2014 @ 3:13am 
Originally posted by Muppet among Puppets:
Originally posted by Na'Vi Noob:
i saw the mail only after my account was robbed :(
Then they had access to your email to get the steam guard code in it?

No, he saw the email before his account was robbed. He said in the first post

It asked for a file in the steam file, saying because it's new computer. So i gave it and a moment later, my steam logout and i cant login back
And given the context, that poor english phrase means it asked him for the verification code and he put it in. Then he was logged out, because the hijacker now had his login name, password, and verification code.

So what happened was he didn't read the email, just grabbed the code and ignored what it was saying.
Last edited by TirithRR; Feb 22, 2014 @ 3:14am
Chara the Explorer (Banned) Feb 22, 2014 @ 3:21am 
Oh jesus... Contact Support immediately, and good luck. Hopefully you won't get VAC banned i everything after you get it back.
#TheRealMiracle Feb 22, 2014 @ 5:49am 
Originally posted by TirithRR:
Originally posted by Muppet among Puppets:
Then they had access to your email to get the steam guard code in it?

No, he saw the email before his account was robbed. He said in the first post

It asked for a file in the steam file, saying because it's new computer. So i gave it and a moment later, my steam logout and i cant login back
And given the context, that poor english phrase means it asked him for the verification code and he put it in. Then he was logged out, because the hijacker now had his login name, password, and verification code.

So what happened was he didn't read the email, just grabbed the code and ignored what it was saying.

actually, to be more detailed, it asked for program files/ steam/ ssfn...; that file probably contained the login info...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 21, 2014 @ 8:20pm
Posts: 18