Hyun Feb 19 @ 12:24am
No freedom of speech in this forum??
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/7/558747922948782078/?tscn=1392786667

I dont understand why this was locked?
No its not a complain thread. I was just sharing my opinon and I was legit curious what are the reasons why everyone enjoy these games.
Last edited by Hyun; Feb 19 @ 12:25am
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
TeKraken Feb 19 @ 12:26am 
It could be locked for a few reasons.

If you have a question about the moderation contact a mod.
Hyun Feb 19 @ 12:29am 
Originally posted by TeKraken:
It could be locked for a few reasons.

If you have a question about the moderation contact a mod.
Or they could at least have left a note why it was locked, makes everyones lives easier.
Just lousy moderating if you ask me.

So lame.lmao
Last edited by Hyun; Feb 19 @ 12:30am
TeKraken Feb 19 @ 12:30am 
Perhaps the volunteer mods don't have time to write everyone a little note when locking threads?
Hyun Feb 19 @ 12:32am 
Perhaps the volunteer mods don't have time to write everyone a little note when locking threads?
Lousy moderating. Got it

Probably was a skyrim/final fantasy fan.
lol seriously.

How do you contact mods?

Last edited by Hyun; Feb 19 @ 12:33am
Hyun Feb 19 @ 12:59am 
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/moderators
How am I even going to contact these people without adding them...
Tweedle_de Feb 19 @ 1:26am 
Very strange. While I completely disagree with your view that Skyrim is crap
the thread should not have been locked.
You were only giving your biased opinion, as am I. Let the debate begin, eh !
I've played all the Elder Scrolls games and the FO games and have spent many hundreds
of hours on them.
Oblivion more than the others because I became very involved in modding, which added
several hundred hours more on top of the gameplay.
Value for money ? No worries.

You are also comparing apples to oranges when you show multi-player games.
What would those games be like if you weren't interacting with other peps ?
Seriously boring I reckon (wouldn't have a clue as I prefer single player games and
have not ever played MMO)

Now if you were to rave on about the virtues of any real time strategy game I would definitely lock the thread, because you would be waaay to far off base, and deemed offensive to any
reasonable thinking person. :D ....

Last edited by Tweedle_de; Feb 19 @ 1:35am
Hyun Feb 19 @ 1:40am 
Originally posted by Tweedle_de:
Very strange. While I completely disagree with your view that Skyrim is crap
the thread should not have been locked.
You were only giving your biased opinion, as am I. Let the debate begin, eh !
I've played all the Elder Scrolls games and the FO games and have spent many hundreds
of hours on them.
Oblivion more than the others because I became very involved in modding, which added
several hundred hours more on top of the gameplay.
Value for money ? No worries.

You are also comparing apples to oranges when you show multi-player games.
What would those games be like if you weren't interacting with other peps ?
Seriously boring I reckon (wouldn't have a clue as I prefer single player games and
have not ever played MMO)

Now if you were to rave on about the virtues of any real time strategy game I would definitely lock the thread, because you would be waaay to far off base, and deemed offensive to any
reasonable thinking person. :D ....
I was mostly talking about the combat. I liked the graphics and the whole fantasy thing.
But combat is crap (well not very great) . Did not engage me to play very much at all. All I did was walk around and admire the scenery .lol
Last edited by Hyun; Feb 19 @ 1:47am
Black Blade Feb 19 @ 1:43am 
Originally posted by Hyun:
There are a few there that keep there comments open to help the guys i really recommend
http://steamcommunity.com/id/FrazerJC
His a good mod help around a lot..

Lousy moderating. Got it

Probably was a skyrim/final fantasy fan.
lol seriously.
So far i did not meet a mod that dose lock something for his own side.. as well if it was the case he will just have delete it not lock it...
Hyun Feb 19 @ 1:47am 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
So far i did not meet a mod that dose lock something for his own side.. as well if it was the case he will just have delete it not lock it...
I know. I was joking when I said that. I wouldnt assume stuff so easily.
But seriously, I hate it when mods lock threads out of nowhere without leaving a note.
Its not helping at all.
Last edited by Hyun; Feb 19 @ 1:49am
Black Blade Feb 19 @ 1:54am 
I know. I was joking when I said that. I wouldnt assume stuff so easily.
But seriously, I hate it when mods lock threads out of nowhere without leaving a note.
Its not helping at all.
In these case it dose look a little ood... but any how i do see them leave some sometimes... but i do agree that with the amount of posts they pass on i can really understand why there doing it XD
Heffebaycay Feb 19 @ 2:13am 
The current system sucks, as there is no way for people to easily get in touch with the moderation team. Hopefully Valve will address this in the future.

Your thread seems to have been locked because it didn't belong to the "Steam Community" forum. I guess it could have been moved to "Off Topic".

I just moved it there and unlocked it.
Last edited by Heffebaycay; Feb 19 @ 2:14am
Black Blade Feb 19 @ 2:19am 
Originally posted by Heffebaycay:
The current system sucks, as there is no way for people to easily get in touch with the moderation team. Hopefully Valve will address this in the future.

Your thread seems to have been locked because it didn't belong to the "Steam Community" forum. I guess it could have been moved to "Off Topic".

I just moved it there and unlocked it.
mm... Well then i think we may need something to say what is what in the fourms.. i mean what is the community forum for then XD
And what is the discussion for?

I was always thinking that was for talking also on things like these just discuss game related things..
Last edited by Black Blade; Feb 19 @ 2:20am
Tzaar Feb 19 @ 2:40am 
1) There's no such thing as "free speech" on these forums. Free speech only applies to public places, and these forums are owned by Valve, aka their property, their rules.

2) It was probably locked because it was a discussion about a specific game, and that game has its own community hub for those discussions. They seem to try and keep this forum clean of clutter that would be best discussed elsewhere.
Jeff Kaos Mar 8 @ 1:35am 
I decided to necro this post because every time someone makes a post on just about any subject a mod locks it down and says to use the search function. So I did. And I searched for "discussion moderators" because I'm wondering why the Steam Discussion forums are so heavily moderated. I understand why some threads get locked on other sites but the moderation on these forums is so random you never know what's going to get locked or moved. I really don't understand why Steam even bothers having a general discussion forum when its only 6-7 pages deep and once you get past page 3 almost every thread is locked. Valve should be embarrased. And just the mere fact that people are making these posts and others are engaging them in a discussion shows that these are things users, who are also customers I might add, are both interested and comfortable with the subject. Right up until some mod comes along and locks it down. If people want to complain about early access or want to know if Titanfall is coming to Steam why make them post in a thread with 200+ posts or tell them to move to a different boaard? Its not like the general discussion board has anything but locked posts any way. Let people talk about what they want to talk about because right now the General Discussion board is just a bunch of necro'd threads with hundreds of posts or greyed out locked threads.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 19 @ 12:24am