Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Denne tråd er blevet låst
The Singe 24. jan. 2013 kl. 17:06
Playing one purchased Steam game with two different accounts at the same time.
Hi, I'm new here in Steam.
I bought the game Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to play the DayZ mod and it is currently downloading.
This is my first time using Steam and I found that it is surprisingly convenient for someone living in my country (except for the currency rate).
One thing about Steam is that if only I can transfer the Arma 2 game into a different account for my girlfriend just so that she can join me in DayZ. I really can't afford to pay again for another copy of the game.

Maybe Steam should add a 'family' account where a family may share one purchased game and play them at the same time. That would save us from constantly paying for the same thing.

I would've go for the physical copy of the game but it is no longer available here in my country.
Sidst redigeret af The Singe; 24. jan. 2013 kl. 17:11
< >
Viser 1-15 af 17 kommentarer
Silicon Vampire 24. jan. 2013 kl. 17:20 
1 game, 1 account. Games can not be transferred or shared. A physical copy is bound by the same limits.

The family account thing isn't going to happen, that gets in to the realm of the cybercafe license.
Sidst redigeret af Silicon Vampire; 24. jan. 2013 kl. 17:22
The Singe 24. jan. 2013 kl. 17:26 
I guess Steam is good for a one-man gamer. Like everyone for themselves, I guess. Thanks for your reply, Silicon Vampire. :)
Silicon Vampire 24. jan. 2013 kl. 17:49 
I don't know. We have three very active accounts (and a few more not so active) in this household a total of over 500 games. there are many we purchased for each account so we can play together...
The Singe 24. jan. 2013 kl. 18:03 
That's right. But I can't really afford to pay somemore.. hmm ... :(
マスキュリン 24. jan. 2013 kl. 18:19 
I thought DayZ is going to Standalone-Version soon anyway and ARMA2 wont be needed anymore?
ChrisW 24. jan. 2013 kl. 18:33 
Oprindeligt skrevet af isaac_rs:
You need to read the license agreement for all your games. It has never been allowed to do what you want to do with only one copy. There just was never a way to enforce it before programs like Steam.
The Singe 24. jan. 2013 kl. 19:41 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Masqurin:
I thought DayZ is going to Standalone-Version soon anyway and ARMA2 wont be needed anymore?

I know. I just can't wait for it.. XD
The Singe 24. jan. 2013 kl. 19:48 
Oprindeligt skrevet af ChrisW:
Oprindeligt skrevet af isaac_rs:
You need to read the license agreement for all your games. It has never been allowed to do what you want to do with only one copy. There just was never a way to enforce it before programs like Steam.

Well, at least I get to play it. I guess she has to wait for the standalone version. XD
Oprindeligt skrevet af Silicon Vampire:
1 game, 1 account. Games can not be transferred or shared. A physical copy is bound by the same limits.

The family account thing isn't going to happen, that gets in to the realm of the cybercafe license.

steam already has made a family sharing feature, currently in beta. its called steam family sharing.
AutoCept 31. jan. 2014 kl. 16:40 
Oprindeligt skrevet af FryinHigh420:

steam already has made a family sharing feature, currently in beta. its called steam family sharing.

Wouldn't help him in this case though, you still can't play the same game license at the same time. (Or even be playing more than one game per account at a time, as far as I know.)

EDIT: OP, if money is an issue have you considered looking into free to play games to play with your GF? There are some decent MMOs available on steam or elsewhere, a few non-mmos on steam as well. Also, you have to dig for them, but there are a few games on steam that occasionally have a one computer co-op option. Although you need to look carefully at what kind of control requirements it has (Does it need 2 controllers or work with a single keyboard? Etc.).
Sidst redigeret af AutoCept; 31. jan. 2014 kl. 16:44
swenor 1. feb. 2014 kl. 0:12 
Oprindeligt skrevet af FryinHigh420:

Haha buddy. You think lecturing a global moderator on Steam Family Sharing makes any sense? Silicon Vampire knows it all. I bet he knew about SFS loooooooooong before rumors started leaking to community.

Another thing FryinHigh - OP wants to play ONE game on TWO accounts the same time. SFS doesn't allow that, bo it's a bad suggestion.

Oprindeligt skrevet af 猛撲:
I guess Steam is good for a one-man gamer. Like everyone for themselves, I guess. Thanks for your reply, Silicon Vampire. :)
Don't blame Steam for that. They are only distribution channel and community. Blame game developers for NOT introducing local coop for two or more players on one PC and one screen.
Sidst redigeret af swenor; 1. feb. 2014 kl. 0:18
senseye 18. nov. 2014 kl. 14:12 
acc 1 purchased CS:GO - i log in acc 1 from other PC Download game later going in acc 2 and now how can play 1 game 2 steam acc 2 PC (i and my brother) ? or not possible play together ? only in difference time ??
Sidst redigeret af senseye; 18. nov. 2014 kl. 14:18
crunchyfrog 18. nov. 2014 kl. 14:14 
Oprindeligt skrevet af IRS Lightheart:

Then wait for the forthcoming sales - there's one at the end of November (Black Friday, a smaller one), and the big one at Winter (Christmas week to New Year).

You'll get a ton of games on discount.

And if I can buy tons of games being disabled and on benefits, then ANYONE with a computer and internet access can.
HLCinSC 18. nov. 2014 kl. 14:35 
Holy necro thread Batman!

Oprindeligt skrevet af isac:
acc 1 purchased CS:GO - i log in acc 1 from other PC Download game later going in acc 2 and now how can play 1 game 2 steam acc 2 PC (i and my brother) ? or not possible play together ? only in difference time ??

With Steam, like most pc platforms, only one user can access an account's game at a time. You will not be able to play any multiplayer games together with just one copy of the game. Using family sharing, one user can access either library and two can access the same account if one is used in offline mode.
senseye 18. nov. 2014 kl. 14:39 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Hayden:
Holy necro thread Batman!

Oprindeligt skrevet af isac:

With Steam, like most pc platforms, only one user can access an account's game at a time. You will not be able to play any multiplayer games together with just one copy of the game. Using family sharing, one user can access either library and two can access the same account if one is used in offline mode.

ok thank you
< >
Viser 1-15 af 17 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Dato opslået: 24. jan. 2013 kl. 17:06