Woodrow Skillson Jan 22 @ 7:15pm
Disk Busy error
Never had this problem till a few weeks ago, now I have to constantly restart steam just to try and get a download started. Its getting really really annoying and is making small patches for various games take forever. I have looked into every single running process and nothing should be stopped steam from downloading for whatever stupid reason it think it does. A 450 mb patch for payday 2 has so far taken nearly an hour like this.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
TEMPEST.Adamantium Jan 22 @ 7:18pm 
Same issue here. I have no idea what's going on but it won't download the update either. Occasionally i will get a burst but only about 1mb at a time.
Satoru Jan 22 @ 7:20pm 
NOte 'disk busy' error means that the disk is doign something which 'generally' means

The game is trying to recreate the target file and is churning away. Watch for the green light for yoru hard drive and it'll likely be going bonkers. Note that Payday2 has to patch 20 GB of data for major patches (like the recent Infamy patch) so that takes a LONG time depending on how slow your hard drive is.
facedown Jan 22 @ 7:26pm 
Payday patches like that. It downloads a little, patches a little, downloads a little. Stopping it is going to make it take longer.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 22 @ 7:15pm