Chappo Jun 7, 2014 @ 6:17pm
How do i get someone banned and my items back
>>>UmNa$<<< sold a CS:GO gift to me and i gave him 4 tf2 mann co keys and the next day it said i couldn`t play CS:GO and it got removed from my steam some reason

All i want is him banned and my keys back!!!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Roll'd!
There's nothing that Steam can do, report this guy!

You can't get your items back!
Last edited by [FF] Adam (UK): Admin from GMOD; Jun 7, 2014 @ 6:20pm
Originally posted by Scott The Manatee:
>>>UmNa$<<< sold a CS:GO gift to me and i gave him 4 tf2 mann co keys and the next day it said i couldn`t play CS:GO and it got removed from my steam some reason

If the other user did a chargeback that cause the game to be removed from your library, and if you trade all within the same trade windows inside steam, then yes you can possibly get your item back with a support ticket.

Chappo Jun 7, 2014 @ 6:39pm 

If the other user did a chargeback that cause the game to be removed from your library, and if you trade all within the same trade windows inside steam, then yes you can possibly get your item back with a support ticket.
So what do i do
Chappo Jun 7, 2014 @ 6:39pm 
How do i get a support ticket
How do i get a support ticket

support.steampowered.com
muckymucks Jun 7, 2014 @ 7:27pm 
Don't worry, you'll get your keys back. Open a ticket in Steam Support and then wait it out.
Chappo Jun 7, 2014 @ 7:40pm 
Originally posted by muckymucks:
Don't worry, you'll get your keys back. Open a ticket in Steam Support and then wait it out.
i think ive done it right

CharlestONE Jun 7, 2014 @ 7:45pm 
https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=4548-IPAX-3236 thats my ticket
You can't view other users tickets. If they do return your items remember it is a one time only policy, so only trade with people you trust. Also the guy you got csgo from may not be a scammer, if he received it from a trade with someone else then he could be a victim just like you. So if you can try to only trade with people who are the original game gift purchaser.

I've been trying to push fo purchase dates or original purchaser's name to be listed with game gifts to help deter the trade of stolen games.
Last edited by CharlestONE; Jun 7, 2014 @ 7:48pm
Originally posted by HLCinSC:
https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=4548-IPAX-3236 thats my ticket
You can't view other users tickets. If they do return your items remember it is a one time only policy, so only trade with people you trust. Also the guy you got csgo from may not be a scammer, if he received it from a trade with someone else then he could be a victim just like you. So if you can try to only trade with people who are the original game gift purchaser.

I've been trying to push fo purchase dates or original purchaser's name to be listed with game gifts to help deter the trade of stolen games.

It's only for their policy.

Would be ridiculous to VALVe to make a trade system and add more and more stuff to it. They know it's happen and they shouldn't limit their users because VALVE can't control chargebacks correctly.
Chappo Jun 7, 2014 @ 8:38pm 
I just want my keys
CharlestONE Jun 7, 2014 @ 8:48pm 

Would be ridiculous to VALVe to make a trade system and add more and more stuff to it. They know it's happen and they shouldn't limit their users because VALVE can't control chargebacks correctly.
Well supposedly it is automated. If a chargeback occurs then anything from that sale is revoked no matter where it has ended up.

Well supposedly it is automated. If a chargeback occurs then anything from that sale is revoked no matter where it has ended up.

Yeah i know, but VALVE make trade system bigger and bigger, so IMO, it should allow infinite items back.
CharlestONE Jun 7, 2014 @ 9:03pm 

Yeah i know, but VALVE make trade system bigger and bigger, so IMO, it should allow infinite items back.
Even with chargebacks the retailer (Valve) still incurs a fee from people's payment method from pretty much anything except steam gift cards. Also, if everyone thinks they don't have to worry about who they are trading with then more and more people will willingly enter into trades they know are too good to be true.

Even with chargebacks the retailer (Valve) still incurs a fee from people's payment method from pretty much anything except steam gift cards. Also, if everyone thinks they don't have to worry about who they are trading with then more and more people will willingly enter into trades they know are too good to be true.

Not every scammer who chargeback the game after trading it under ask for it.
You can't know if the game gonna get chargedback by the demanded item in return of the game.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 7, 2014 @ 6:17pm