Jacob Mar 1, 2014 @ 5:09am
Steam.dll
Hello everybody, The reason why I am starting this new discussion is because every time I try to launch steam, it says "Unable to locate Steam.dll" Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? I didn't know where to post this in so I posted it in The Steam Community thing.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Jacob Mar 2, 2014 @ 2:54am 
I've done all of that and it still doesn't work. I've uninstalled it and tried downloading it again but it still doesn't work.
Black Blade Mar 2, 2014 @ 7:33am 
Originally posted by spongejacob:
I've done all of that and it still doesn't work. I've uninstalled it and tried downloading it again but it still doesn't work.
if all else fails connect Steam support
And add what you did all ready (like the post KARR give you) so they know what you did all ready
ReBoot Mar 2, 2014 @ 8:50am 
Hello everybody, The reason why I am starting this new discussion is because every time I try to launch steam, it says "Unable to locate Steam.dll" Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? I didn't know where to post this in so I posted it in The Steam Community thing.
Is that when loading Steam?
Jacob Mar 3, 2014 @ 1:59am 
Don't worry guys, I've got it working again but thanks for all your help :)
Black Blade Mar 3, 2014 @ 5:02am 
Don't worry guys, I've got it working again but thanks for all your help :)
what did you do in case someone else get the problem and look for a fix
Jacob Mar 3, 2014 @ 5:36am 
Well, I would try and help them if I knew what I was doing.
Black Blade Mar 3, 2014 @ 5:40am 
Well, I would try and help them if I knew what I was doing.
ok got it... well Game On and have fun
Jacob Mar 3, 2014 @ 5:43am 
zappak May 31, 2014 @ 8:32pm 
What finally worked for me I saw on Reddit. I moved Steam.exe into the steam/ subfolder and ran it. THEN it properly downloaded all the necessary files in order to run. The tradeoff was that Steam wanted me to authorize the installation as a new machine.
Jacob Jul 28, 2014 @ 5:05pm 
I deleted Steam then redownloaded it, and that worked for me so try that
Black Blade Jul 29, 2014 @ 12:21am 
Originally posted by potatoe #someonebuyme css pls:
hey, can u tell me what u did because i am getting this problem now and it doesnt go away :(
try doing it with the refresh Steam files you will not lose your games like these:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=265037866
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2014 @ 5:09am