Glorytooth Jan 25, 2013 @ 12:00pm
steam cloud
I recently had to reboot my computer and i have no backups of any of my game files. My question is, when i start my game is there something i have to do or will it load my save games automaticly?
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Almalexia2 Nov 8, 2015 @ 5:09am 
I am really t'd off with Steam by now. I had two hard drive crashes in the past 18 months, and both times Steam didn't keep a single cloud save for me! So much for Steam Cloud... I mean, at least the very last gamesave for each game would really have helped a lot. Now I have to start all my games from srcatch again - it's absolutely maddening - I don't have the time for it. I've invested hundreds of hours in games like FO NV and dishonoured and so on. I didn't back up my saves because I thought Steam was doing it for me!! >:(
Iknowwho Nov 8, 2015 @ 5:21am 
Not every game has a cloud option. Some games save in "My Documents".
To be sure a game can and will use the cloud, right click the game in the library, choose Properties/Updates and check the cloud box.

If you have checked the cloud box on a game that supports it, then your saves will be there as soon as you downloded it again, for some games the box may be checked as default.
Last edited by Iknowwho; Nov 8, 2015 @ 5:22am
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jan 25, 2013 @ 12:00pm