Makorov II Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:55am
Why steam update "extracting package" is long time update !!! Why ......
Why steam update "extracting package" is long time update.I can not open my steam please reply me !! :(
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
HIT THE JUAN Feb 16, 2013 @ 3:21am 
i got this problem too but i fixed somehow...i just cancelled it about 6 times and restarted my computer then started steam again and it gave me the same extracting packages but i waited for about a minute and steam was up and running...idk if this'll work for you but yeah i hope it gets fixed
A.X.I.Z_744 Nov 7, 2015 @ 9:40am 
"Hi guys! I'm experiencing the same problem today. and I've found the solution for me. just unplugged the internet connection and wait for the steam log in dialog box to appear. then plugged the internet again. then boom. steam is ready. :)" This was posted by Lebron James, dont thank, me thank him!
A.X.I.Z_744 Nov 30, 2015 @ 11:50pm 
This worked for me:

Exit steam.
Go to your steam folder and delete the folder "package".
All I can say that was lost at the moment where me favourite servers. All games, saves etc are still here. Do this at your own risk and BACKUP you "package" folder.

After I did this, steam downloaded an update, installed it and I was ready to go and the loop was gone. this was posted by 2007 Britney, thank her, dont thank me, it will redownload the update and maybe it will work! : )
< 1 2 >
Showing 51-76 of 76 comments
Keltorax Mar 19 @ 11:42pm 
Having the same problem but still Isn't working, please help!!
Having the same problem but still Isn't working, please help!
Keltorax Mar 20 @ 12:45am 
yep
i have this problem today .. i install & uninstall still same even do a firewall and restart my router .. ♥♥♥ still same :(
Just delete the file: 'Package" in the steam downloader (when Steam is closed) and then restart Steam. It will reinstall an update, and Voila!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:55am