carleton Oct 4, 2015 @ 8:50pm
MIC ISSUES
Siberia v2 is the mic I'm Using

Just today I've been having issues with my micrcophone. people have been saying that my voice is choppy/or laggy when im speaking. Ive tried retstarting my computer, unplugging my mic, setting a different default device and then switching back.

I haven't had any problems in the past with my mic. when I record my voice in Fraps or have my voice played back to me when I speak, its fine. So I don't know if this is a hardware issue or not. I seem to only have the problem when I am speaking Over IP(in-game voice, or Teamspeak).

I have no idea what could have caused this problem as it happened suddenly(One day its fine, the next day its not-so fine). However my internet is acting slow today so that may be the case, BUT when im playing Counter-Strike I am getting normal ping (20-50ms)

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please share with me because I really do not feel like buying a new expensive headset.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Lasse Berghagen Oct 4, 2015 @ 9:05pm 
It might be your internet, a friend got the same problem when he's internet is bad... he almost sounds like a robot when his internet is slow for just a few secs and then it's fine.
carleton Oct 4, 2015 @ 9:13pm 
I agree that it could be my internet. in my browser it was taking longer to load web-pages than it usually does, however, my ping while playing counter-strike was normal (20ms-50ms). I will test it again tomorrow, to see if there is any difference. Also when I was talking in TeamSpeak there was no delay in responses(people were hearing me on time, not 5 seconds after I spoke)
Dink_Winkle Nov 6, 2015 @ 11:37pm 
if you're using Nvidia Game Experience, uninstall it!!! It is causing a lot of mics to crash here is a llink with some info about it that helped me out. https://m.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/3p3jlo/microphone_not_working_in_csgo_after_recent_/
GemorRoy Nov 6, 2015 @ 11:38pm 
azaza
The Giving One Nov 6, 2015 @ 11:41pm 
If you are using Windows 10, try to disable audio enhancements for your mic.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/527274088398445644/
Spirtsman Nov 6, 2015 @ 11:41pm 
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 4, 2015 @ 8:50pm