Saxton Jun 26, 2016 @ 10:51am
Upgrade to Windows 10 Wiped Steam Folder from ProgramFiles x86
Last night I installed Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows uninstalled all of my Steam Games/Software and deleted the Steam Folder from my C:\ Drive. However, the weirdest part is my 2 TB hard drive is still nearly full with what was over 1 TB of Steam Games (Yes, I am a pack rat of games) on the drive. Are all of these files lost or are they somewhere on my hard drive so I don't need to reinstall everything?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Deagle Training Jun 26, 2016 @ 11:23am 
Have you tried downloading steam again and seeing if all your games are still in your library downloaded?
upcoast Jun 26, 2016 @ 12:11pm 
They could be in windows.old on C.

Or, install steam on C, copy paste your games from the 2TB drive to C steam/steamapps/common folder so they install quick and don't have to re download again.
C2Dan88 Jun 26, 2016 @ 12:15pm 
Did you install Windows 10 via Windows Update? If you have then Windows 10 may have moved your old C:\Program Files folder to C:\Window.old

You need to copy the C:/Windows.old/Program Files\Steam folder back to C:\Program FIles\Steam. Otherwise you will need to reinstall Steam.

You will not loose any games you have purchased/redeemed as they are tied permantly to the account you had them on.
Saxton Jun 26, 2016 @ 12:54pm 
Originally posted by 1234:
Have you tried downloading steam again and seeing if all your games are still in your library downloaded?

I downloaded Steam already but I need to reinstall everything. Nothing is installed.

Originally posted by C2Dan88:
Did you install Windows 10 via Windows Update? If you have then Windows 10 may have moved your old C:\Program Files folder to C:\Window.old

You need to copy the C:/Windows.old/Program Files\Steam folder back to C:\Program FIles\Steam. Otherwise you will need to reinstall Steam.

You will not loose any games you have purchased/redeemed as they are tied permantly to the account you had them on.

Ahhh I see. Thank you for this. I did not realize their was a Windows.Old Folder. Now I just need to move 1 TB of data to the new ProgramFiles x86 Folder. Thank you for your help!!
Last edited by Saxton; Jun 26, 2016 @ 1:05pm
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 26, 2016 @ 10:51am