delete
delete
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Taciturn84; 14.3.2015 klo 17.37
< >
Näytetään 1-9 / 9 kommentista
I do not understand your problem...

You can choose to send Steam Gifts via email address.
You can also choose instead to send them directly to the Steam User.
Or you can choose to send them to your inventory as an item and later trade them or send them as a gift to a user.

So, what exactly is your problem? I feel something has been lost in translation.
Still not 100% sure what you are getting at.

Last time I recieved a gift on Steam I didn't see the person's email address. He gifted me a copy of Skulls of the Shogun on Steam, I'm pretty sure all I saw was his Steam account name.

Why don't you just gift them through Steam, rather than through Email?
Why not just purchase it as a gift delivered to your inventory and then trade it to them if you are worried about using email?
Phil 26.8.2014 klo 21.25 
Why gift people you don't trust? Seems more like an abuse of the system than something that needs to be changed.
If you're sending Steam gifts through mail to people you wouldn't trust your own email address to being with, there's a deeper issue than just the email address showing.

You can always send the gifts directly through the steam friend interface. No email shared that way.
Fox 27.8.2014 klo 4.58 
Ви-найн !Vi9! lähetti viestin:
I am satisfied long ago wrote a letter in support of steam.
And you still failed to change 1 line of code? The support worker could not write a letter to the authorities, or to come to another Department and tell them about their mistake?

Explain to me, why should indicate in the letter to the recipient of the gift, my e-mail address steam?
What do you think that I will be thankful through the mail?
If I sent the man steam game, then perhaps he already has a steam account? Or will.
And in doing so, you simply offer, all the people, to review my mail, I can no longer where not to use it.

You don't know mail steam account? We're happy it'll let you know. Try to take away his collection of games. So what do you think, I don't understand your logic? Or you all are people who use only one e-mail and without you it will not recognize?
It has long been proven that email is the most unsafe side.
Isn't it better to just write the address to the page steam user? Although you can simply make do with nick.

And this problem exists for a very long time! And you still you don't notice. And then, why you lost your accounts.
And why valve does not want to notice problems.
I can confirm the issue with a received gift by a friend who used the Steam Friend option : the proof of "receipt" that automatically gets sent to your e-mail contains the e-mail of the gift sender. People unaware of this issue may wish to stress test it with a 1$ or less game with a trusted friend or see this unlocalized, 5-minute paint job here[i39.servimg.com] (Sender fully censored in order to keep its privacy)

Personnally, I don't mind, since my Steam e-mail is used solely for Steam. But less cautious people may find an issue with that. I do agree that its removal may benefit users.

EDIT : forgot to finish my post. Fixed now.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Fox; 27.8.2014 klo 4.59
The point being that there are two other gifting options that are not email related if you are that worried about your email.

I don't see it as a problem. You know the recipient's email address but are afraid of them knowing yours? Seems to me like you are emailing gifts to a shady person to begin with if you are that concerned.
I got OPs point wrong. Problem is -even if you gift a game directly through Steam, not by email- the receiver still gets an email notice which DO includes the sender's email account.
Both systems behave the same in terms of the email notice that is sent to the receiver.
TirithRR lähetti viestin:
I don't see it as a problem. You know the recipient's email address but are afraid of them knowing yours? Seems to me like you are emailing gifts to a shady person to begin with if you are that concerned.

Even if it's a "friend" on steam, i wouldn't want them to know the email address i'm registered with on steam.
That doesn't have to do anything with "shady persons".

Apart from that, it's just not necessary. The profile-name should be sufficient to show there.
< >
Näytetään 1-9 / 9 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 26.8.2014 klo 16.47