McDonaldsnapkin Aug 24 @ 3:55pm
what benefits of running games in big picture mode windows 8.1
besides being able to play with a controller what are the benefits of running steam games in big picture? Do you get fps increases is something i really would like the know the most.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
McDonaldsnapkin Aug 24 @ 3:43pm 
Does running games with steam big picture increase performance fps wise??
I was wondering the benefits of running games with steam big picture instead of just the standard windowed mode. WIll i get a fps boost if i run games in big picture mode? will my performance decrease? this is something ive googled but cant find anything on up to date
McDonaldsnapkin Aug 24 @ 3:52pm 
I have windows 8.1 btw
McDonaldsnapkin Aug 24 @ 3:56pm 
Originally posted by FR-Clément378:
ce message ne sert a rien
why do you find it so useless im just curious to know the benefits.
GhostMotleyX Aug 24 @ 4:00pm 
I find the opposite, Steam big picture mode still animates the moving bubbles even if you are in-game using GPU resources.
Hextravert Aug 24 @ 4:04pm 
Big Picture is an interface thing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks to Big Picture, Steam users are able to navigate through Steam using a controller instead of a mouse.

Steam games; however, don't change in any way, shape, or form.
Originally posted by McDonaldsnapkin:
besides being able to play with a controller what are the benefits of running steam games in big picture? Do you get fps increases is something i really would like the know the most.
McDonaldsnapkin Aug 24 @ 4:06pm 
Originally posted by Hextravert:
Big Picture is an interface thing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks to Big Picture, Steam users are able to navigate through Steam using a controller instead of a mouse.

Steam games; however, don't change in any way, shape, or form.
Originally posted by McDonaldsnapkin:
ah ok thats what i figured anyway thanks for reply
McDonaldsnapkin Aug 24 @ 4:06pm 
Originally posted by GhostMotleyX:
I find the opposite, Steam big picture mode still animates the moving bubbles even if you are in-game using GPU resources.
ok thanks for reply always looking for a fps boost
ReBoot Aug 24 @ 4:12pm 
The overlay in BP is usable with a gamepad, that's the advantage.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50