Revernus Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:38pm
Can I give money as a Steam Gift to a person on my friend list?
My nephew is having birthday next week and I would like to give him some dollars to spend on Steam. Is it possible? I don't know exactly which type of game he likes, so it would be safer if I just gave him some credit to spend as he prefers.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Last edited by Revernus; Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:38pm
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Spirit Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:41pm 
You cannot transfer Steam wallet funds, you can however, purchase him a Steam wallet card (gift card) at several stores such as Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, etc, then give him the code for his birthday (guessing you both use the same currency, since the code will be for the currency that you're using).
Last edited by Spirit; Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:43pm
Revernus Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:44pm 
Originally posted by Spirit™:
You cannot transfer Steam wallet funds, you can however, purchase him a Steam wallet card (gift card) at several stores such as Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, etc, then give him the code for his birthday (guessing you both use the same currency, since the code will be for the currency that you're using).

We live in Brazil, the currency is "Reais". How can I proceed?
TirithRR Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:45pm 
You can buy him a gift card. People in foreign countries seem to like to use "PaySafeCard". Personally I have never used it so I don't know what countries it covers.
Last edited by TirithRR; Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:45pm
Spirit Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:48pm 
Originally posted by Revernus:

We live in Brazil, the currency is "Reais". How can I proceed?

You'll have to check your local stores and see if they sell them.

I apologize, there use to be a link on the Steam store somewhere that included all the stores that sold them, but I cannot seem to find that page anymore. I do know the stores named above was on that list.
TirithRR Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:53pm 
I apologize, there use to be a link on the Steam store somewhere that included all the stores that sold them, but I cannot seem to find that page anymore. I do know the stores named above was on that list.

It was removed from the Steam knowledgebase, for some reason. All links just redirect you to the redeem wallet code page.
Revernus Aug 18, 2014 @ 5:36pm 
Originally posted by TirithRR:
You can buy him a gift card. People in foreign countries seem to like to use "PaySafeCard". Personally I have never used it so I don't know what countries it covers.

I have an international credit card and I also have a paypal account, there is no problem about that.
Last edited by Revernus; Aug 18, 2014 @ 5:37pm
Revernus Aug 18, 2014 @ 5:37pm 
Originally posted by TirithRR:

It was removed from the Steam knowledgebase, for some reason. All links just redirect you to the redeem wallet code page.

Oh, that's a pity... thanks for the information anyway, guys!
kreee ;o (U & I) Aug 18, 2014 @ 10:11pm 
No you cannot give money as a trade.
Revernus Aug 18, 2014 @ 10:25pm 
Originally posted by Kuro-:
No you cannot give money as a trade.

It's not a trade, it's a present. Have you even read the post?
Forcen Aug 18, 2014 @ 10:31pm 
If you just went to his PC, asked him to log in and bought him some steam credit via the client and make sure you don't save the card info on the account. That would probably be the most convenient solution.
Revernus Aug 18, 2014 @ 10:36pm 
Originally posted by Forcen:
If you just went to his PC, asked him to log in and bought him some steam credit via the client and make sure you don't save the card info on the account. That would probably be the most convenient solution.

The most convenient solution would just buy him another present lol... but thanks for your suggestion.
Last edited by Revernus; Aug 18, 2014 @ 10:36pm
kreee ;o (U & I) Aug 18, 2014 @ 10:37pm 
Ya i meant that.
John Seal Aug 18, 2014 @ 10:53pm 
how can i buy items its already been 30 days since i mol points
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:38pm