`kev1NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:13am
steam market [can't list items]
Is anyone else having this problem? It's been going on for a few hours now. You can buy items but can't list them, which is pushing the prices of EVERYTHING up.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Black Blade Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:18am 
Did you try to restart Steam?
`kev1NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:18am 
Yes! Multiple times. same error:
"We were unable to contact the game's item server. The game's item server may be down or Steam may be experiencing temporary connectivity issues. Your listing has not been created. Refresh the page and try again."
Last edited by `kev1NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN; Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:20am
Black Blade Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:21am 
Originally posted by kVNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN:
Yes! Multiple times
ok you try to use the browser and not Steam?
(i seen a post abut it before.. .i think the guy sayed it work after a while)
Last edited by Black Blade; Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:21am
`kev1NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:28am 
Just tried the browser but also not working, I'll keep trying, if not I guess I'll have to open support ticket?
Last edited by `kev1NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN; Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:28am
Black Blade Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:30am 
Originally posted by kVNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN:
Just tried the browser but also not working, I'll keep trying, if not I guess I'll have to open support ticket?
You can try.. but i seen a few posts abut it.. so i guess its not only you.. also i think it will be solved before support replays
`kev1NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:34am 
Aight, thanks for the help anyways!
PLANTROON Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:36am 
Possibly server overload / failure / maintenance. Steam community/market is running like a crap since 2013 :D - because of trading bots that overload the servers
Last edited by PLANTROON; Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:37am
`kev1NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:38am 
How prevalent are these trading bots? How can we know for certain that its not just a massive overload of regular users (CSGO has grown significantly in the last 6 months)
PLANTROON Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:41am 
Those bots keep reloading market web pages just to get the cheapest item. A human won't be pressing F5 for 2 hours non stop. If there were no bots, those servers would only be failing during events (steam summer/winter sale). Both regular users and bots cause the overload but the server capabilities are sufficient enough for regular users. Blame bots! :D
epsilon Rose Jul 17, 2014 @ 12:29am 
i have this issue right now... but i see other people listing the same item i want to list in real time and it being sold.. wtf

i can't even buy items i get same error: We were unable to contact the game's item server. The game's item server may be down or Steam may be experiencing temporary connectivity issues. No items or wallet funds have been exchanged. Refresh the page and try again.
Last edited by epsilon Rose; Jul 17, 2014 @ 12:30am
Spiritwalker Axe Jul 17, 2014 @ 1:19am 
I got the same problem, cannot even trade or steam offer and its been a while...why Steam staff isnt doing anything ?
Lukas ;3 Jul 17, 2014 @ 12:06pm 
Have the same problem "We were unable to contact the game's item server. The game's item server may be down or Steam may be experiencing temporary connectivity issues. Your listing has not been created. Refresh the page and try again." But I've seen the item being sold from 7 cents to 8 cents back to 7 cents which means other people are listing the item. Sad times.
`kev1NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Jul 22, 2014 @ 8:08pm 
I found out what the problem was specifically for me. If I purchase an item while I'm in game, steam somehow doesn't properly recognize the item in my inventory and therefore I can't do things with it (ie sell that item). Eventually the problem went away (weeks if not months). If your going to purchase an item, close any game your in.
ComicAverage Jul 23, 2014 @ 9:35pm 
Some game items are the same, so its not listed.
odla Jul 28, 2014 @ 11:32pm 
Getting the same error:

"We were unable to contact the game's item server. The game's item server may be down or Steam may be experiencing temporary connectivity issues. Your listing has not been created. Refresh the page and try again."

have tried restarting steam and going through a browser. Help would be much appreciated

There are a few stories floating around. Another post says that its been happening for hours now. Someone on reddit says that steam got attacked. This post[dev.dota2.com] says that the Dota 2 market has been fixed. Some say that even the trading isn't working.

EDIT: added relevant posts, fixed grammer
Last edited by odla; Jul 28, 2014 @ 11:41pm
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:13am